Chapter 7

Peyton's p.o.v

When I got home, my aunt totally agreed that we need an early vacation! So excited because right now I am packing and I am so excited! I can't wait to get on that plane and know that I will be in a different state away from drama. Yeah, I feel bad that Max isn't going but I just need some time away from him to figure out what's going on with me and why I'm just so afraid to be with him. I know I should tell him that I'm really afraid of him but I just can't bring myself to do that! Yeah, yeah. I'm a wimp. I've told myself that over and over since this morning with the whole thing that Max did with Jack. I feel really bad for Jack because he got slammed into the lockers so hard and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a concussion. Poor dude.

I thought it was going to be hard to avoid Max but he seemed to sense that I wanted my space and left me alone, which I was thankful for. Right now, I feel kind of empty without him and I hope that feeling goes away while I'm on vacation. My mind is just thinking about him constantly. Grr, that's how I feel right now. I feel bad for locking my windows and closing my curtains so Max can't come in. Dude, I'm such a bad girlfriend.

Sitting down, I kind of regret scheduling this vacation but it will be good for me and my family to get away for a while and just have some family time. We haven't acted like a real family for a while and I miss it. Ever since I got out of the hospital, everything is different. My brother acts differently around me and they all are up my ass trying to do things for me. It's kind of annoying because I'm not crippled, I can do things on my own! I just feel like a little kid but I'm not, I turn eighteen in two days and I'm not young. I've never acted my age because I've had to help my aunt take care of my brother and cousins.

"Peyton! Are you almost ready? The plane leaves in a few hours," my aunt yelled from the living room. Yeah, she got us tickets right away! So glad for the connections.

"Yeah! Just packing a few more things and I'm good to go!" I told her and put my brushes in my bag then zipped it up. Sighing, I was going to miss Max, even though I was afraid of him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Max's P.O.V

Right now I am pissed. My mate is going somewhere and she hasn't told me. Why wouldn't she tell me?! I mean, I get mad a lot but who doesn't? It's natural for us werewolves to become angry. I don't try to scare her, it's just who I am. Why can't she understand that? I'm doing my best to protect her from others but it just seems to be making things worse. I feel like I can never do anything right. Today when I flipped out on Jack, I know I really freaked her out but I didn't know I freaked her out so much that she would leave without telling me. Well, she kind of did just not to my face. Currently, I'm outside her house. Yes, totally creeper status I know but I need to protect her. How am I going to do that when she is going somewhere that I have no clue where?!

Before she left, I headed to my house and called a few of the pack members to find out where she was going. Hawaii. Of all places, she goes to Hawaii where there is a small pack of ruthless werewolves! They can kill her without mercy! I bet you are wondering why I am so protective of her and it's because I'm a very rare and royal werewolf. I can make anyone bow down to me whether they are human or not and I'm the strongest werewolf there is. That's why I get so angry. When I don't let my 'special powers' out then I get angry.

 I don't want to be this way but I have no choice. I will never be forceful to my beautiful mate, my baby. That's why when she pulls away from me I just let her even though my wolf is really angry about that. All my wolf wants to do is mate with Peyton but if we do, he will be in control and can really hurt her and I couldn't take that. I'm taking lessons right now on how to control him and I will be in control soon. I've gotten really far in my training and I'm almost able to control him at any moment. Once the guys in Hawaii smell her, they will be attacking her because of me. If that happens, my wolf will go crazy and that's the only time I will allow him to take over.

So, when I say that I'm angry, it's my wolfs' emotions that I just have no control over. I've almost even snapped at Peyton but I controlled my wolf really fast so she wouldn't be scared. I think what scares her the most is how I shake when my wolf is mad and how my eyes change from my normal color to pitch black. Whatever emotion we have, our eyes change colors. For me, when I'm mad they are pitch black, when I'm happy they are my normal color, when I'm in love they are a redder brown, and when I'm sad they are a darker brown. It's a creepy thing to experience but I really hope Peyton can get over that because I really need her with me right now. When we aren't together for a few hours, my wolf gets anxious and I have to go see her. That's why I spend the night with her.

"Ready to go to Hawaii?" my mom asked me and I looked at her questioningly.

"How did you know about that?" I asked her and she laughed.

"Jared...You know he can't keep his mouth shut. Plus it wouldn't seem right if you showed up by yourself without your mom or your sisters," she said.

"You don't need to be involved, Mom," I told her and she looked at me like, "that's such shit, boy".

"Honey, your mate needs you to keep her safe and I really want to go to Hawaii! I haven't been there since-"

"Yeah, since that dick left you," I told her and she just nodded. 'That dick' is my father. He left when I was younger and I have never seen him since and I don't want to. He left his own mate for a tramp. Now, I have to take care of my mom and be the man in the house. I don't complain about it but it gets hard sometimes, mostly when she is feeling lonely. I hate seeing her feel that way and making her happy is all I want to do. Hey, maybe she will meet a nice guy in Hawaii that can take care of her better than her dipshit of an ex. That guy makes me mad when I think about him.

"Alright, Mom. Let's go," I told her and smiled when she started jumping up and down. Something good better come out of this vacation or I'm going to be really pissed. I just hope my baby is alright right now. I miss her and I'm only five minutes away from her. I have some people watching her, making sure she gets to the airport on time and safely. My mate hates being in cars because of her parents and I hate seeing her so upset. Maybe me showing up in Hawaii will make her feel better. Or it could be a disaster but gotta think good thoughts, right? I just hope my wolf is telling me this is the right thing to do.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think and if you see any errors!

-<3