Chapter 12

Max's p.o.v

No, no, no, no, no! This isn't happening! I am not losing my mate! Please God, don't let me lose my mate! I started crying like a little girl, but who could blame me? The girl that I loved with all my heart was dying in my arms and I didn't know what to do. I started rocking me and Peyton back and forth crying pretty hard.

"Don't just sit there rocking her back and forth! Do something!" Caleb yelled at me. I glared at him and he shut up but looked at me angrily.

"What the hell am I supposed to do? She's freaking dying!" I yelled and started crying even more, if that was even possible.

"Changer her!" Caleb yelled. I looked up at him like he was crazy. Change her? Would she even want me to? What would she think when she wakes up and she sees, smells and hears things differently? Would she even want that? Of course she would you idiot! my wolf yelled at me. She would want to be with her family again. She would want to be there for her brother and help him out. Yeah, she would. I looked down at her and heard her heartbeat getting fainter.

I cringed and set her on the ground. I knew this was going to hurt and I just pray that it didn't kill her. As I got close to where her neck and shoulder meet I closed my eyes. I'm sorry baby, I said in my head and thought I heard her say it was okay but wasn't sure. Slowly, I punctured her skin with my canines and waited. I heard that when you were going to change your mate you would feel a bond that was strong and you would want more of them. If you didn't pull away at a certain point you can kill your mate. I hope that doesn't happen.

All at once everything seemed to speed up. I felt this strong urge to kiss her and do other things and I knew that I should stop but I just couldn't and neither could my wolf. I could hear everyone in the background faintly telling me to stop but I just couldn't.

"Max, stop!" I heard Alex yell and pull me off. I tried to get away from him but when I saw that my mate's skin became bright and seemed to be glowing I stopped struggling and watched her. Please work, please work, I chanted over and over in my head. I closed my eyes and prayed for this to be over and when I heard a little sob I looked to see if my mate was okay but I saw Caleb standing over her, crying.

"She-she's dead," Caleb said and looked at me. I fought against Alex but soon I didn't have the energy. My heart felt like it was ripping apart and I just wanted to give up. My mate was gone. Dead. How am I going to tell her aunt? More importantly, how was I going to tell her brothers? They meant everything to her and I know for a fact that she meant everything to they. She was the closest person to them and now they were going to be heartbroken. Just like me.

Once Alex finally realized that I wasn't fighting, he let me go and I crumbled to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. My mate was gone. My soul mate. My beautiful girl...she was gone and it as all my fault. I let her out of my sight because my anger got the best of me and I just let her go. I started pounding my fists into the pavement I was laying on but was stopped by one of my pack mates. He pulled me into a hug and just let me cry on his shoulder.

"I know these are bad words, but everything will be okay, Max. Your brothers are here for you," Jacob told me and I knew that was true, that they would be there for me but I knew nothing would be okay now. There was a huge hole in my heart that would never heal. Not until I joined my mate but I couldn't just leave my pack, not when they needed me, their Alpha.

___________________________________________________________________________________

So...?? Whatcha think?

-<3