Chapter Seven: Not What People Do In Janitor's Closet's

Misleading titles.... ;)

Ignore Ian Bohen's face in the picture box above.

Chapter Seven: Not What People Do In Janitor's Closets

I'm just about to take another step away from the door when I bump into someone. My eyes go wide and turn around to see Derek staring down at me with a look of both curiosity and anger.

He hastily opens a storage room door and yanks me into it, and we stare out the small window in silence as Aislinn and Aidenn emerge from the music room, looking around suspiciously. Aidenn snaps something at Aislinn and she turns on her heels, rolling her eyes as she walks away.

I narrow my eyes at Derek and wait to see who's going to explode first. "What the hell were you doing?" Derek's voice rises.

I cross my arms, "Probably something more productive than you."

"Is there a reason I found you stalking them through a classroom window?" he asks accusingly.

I challenge him with the same look, "is there a reason we're in a storage closet? Or do you just like scaring the crap out of people and then yelling at them in janitor's closets."

"I'm pretty sure that's not what people do in janitor's closets," he says, his eyebrows raised in amusement but I simply shoot him a look, too annoyed to laugh.

He rolls his eyes, "you should be thanking me, if I wasn't there to pull you in here, you would've had to explain to both of them why you were listening in on their conversation."

I roll my eyes as well, hating when he's right, "where have you been? I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."

"I thought there was something off about both of them and I was right. Skylar, you'll never believe what I found in the records room."

I gape at him, "please don't tell me you went through their files."

He nods, "I did and you'll never believe what I found. Their parent's names' are Robert and Isabelle Futurm."

I look at him quizzically, "okay... what's your point?"

His eyes gleam in triumph, "I asked Adela and she said that Robert and Isabelle Futurm died seven years ago, there are no records of them having kids, or anything."

"If their parents died, wouldn't people know that they didn't have any kids?"

"Not necessarily," Derek says, "Adela found out about them later, in the library's records. The Futurm's hid their kids away and when they died, nobody thought to search for them, because they didn't think that Aislinn and Aidenn existed."

"Why would they be in the library's records though? I thought the library was only filled with books about our kind." I ask. Not giving him the chance to answer as my eyes fill with realization, "because they are our kind."

Derek nods but frowns shortly after, "They aren't immortal though, Adela checked. They're something else; we're not really sure what though."

I shake my head, "that still doesn't make any sense, how could they survive on their own? Their parents died seven years ago. They were just kids, there's no way they can be living on their own,"

Derek shakes his head.

"Someone has to be helping them, but who?"

He shrugs, "I don't know."

"Well they have to be something." I say, returning to his original statement. "If they were ordinary humans, their parents wouldn't have gone through a great deal of trouble to hide them, unless their drug dealers-but that isn't likely. They must have been hiding them from something or someone in particular," I say.