Chapter Twenty-One: Until You Know The Story (Aislinn)

WOOOOHOOOOOOO 1K THIS IS SO COOL

GAINS GAINS GAINS GAINS GAINS GAINS.

LOL SORRY IM JUST REALLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW. MOST AUTHORS HIT MILLIONS BUT IM JUST HAPPY TO GET ONE VIEW NEVERMIND ONE THOUSAND!!!!!

when I first started this book, I intended to set a goal of 1K by the time the book was completed but you guys made it happen almost more than halfway through so thank you so so much.

you guys rock.

so we hit the halfway mark like three chapters ago or something so you're almost done.....

but not really......

early update bcs i'm pretty cool

Chapter Twenty-One: Until You Know The Story (AISLINN)

At the end of the day, I meet up with Skylar and Derek, who are in the library with books sprawled all around them. Derek is sitting on the floor reading and Skylar is on the computer beside him, so engrossed in what she's looking at, she doesn't even see me approaching.

"What's going on here?" I ask, my tone amused.

At the sound of my voice, Skylar snaps the laptop shut as she tries not to look suspicious, while Derek looks up, greeting me with a warm smile, clearly oblivious to Skylar's strange actions, "homework."

I raise my eyebrow at both of them, "my brother's missing, your dad chose now of all years to have a relationship with his daughter, the world is falling apart as we know it, and you the two of you are doing homework?"

Skylar giggles nervously, "Not that kind of homework, we're trying to find some stuff that can help us in defeating whoever's behind all of this."

Derek nods his head and offers me a seat, which I take cautiously.

"I thought that book was supposed to help us," I exclaim, once I get comfortable in my seat, "I thought the answers were all in there?"

Both their heads snap in my direction.

"You know about In Libro Caeli?" Skylar says, her words hurried and low as she looks around to make sure no one is within earshot.

"I've been to Derek's aunt's library before; just to see what the big hype was all about. Just because you guys found out about your immortality recently doesn't mean you're the only ones that want to know more about your kind. My parents hid what I was for a long time and once we started to familiarize ourselves with what was actually going on around us, they weren't there to teach us everything. So, yeah, I went to Adela's library to see if she could help me with anything."

"And..." Derek prompts.

I shoot both of them a look, "and nothing. I didn't find anything particularly useful, I was getting ready to leave when your aunt," I say, directing my attention to Derek's accusing look, "asked if I needed help. It was when I said no that she told me about it, said you guys were working on translating it and trying to find something that might help us with everything that's been going on."

"You can't tell anyone about that book Aislinn," they say at the same time, worry stitched into both of their faces.

Skylar nods her head when I don't respond, "Whoever it is that created us has been searching for it forever but it's been completely MIA for centuries. It only started coming around again a couple of weeks ago when I brought it back."