21%

It took me approximately 10 minutes to walk from my house to Phil Lester's. I took my time, short strides through the small town.

When I arrived at his door, his mother welcomed me. "Hi Dan!" She greeted, stepping aside to allow me in. "Phil's in his room." I thanked her, and made my way upstairs.

I tapped my knuckles against the door a few times, and stood awkwardly waiting for Phil to open it.

"Did he dump you?"

Phil's eyebrows knitted together. "No?" My bubble of hope burst. "I just really need to talk."

"That's why I'm here." I gave him small smile, meeting him at his bed.

"It's just..." Phil's voice trailed off as he looked to the ground. "Being with PJ..." He paused again, and I let him take his time.

"When I'm with PJ, all I see is blue." He stated.

"Oh." I replied. That was unexpected.

"But when I'm with you..." Phil gazed up at me, his eyes flickering between mine. "I see yellow everywhere."

"Oh." I said again, my voice as low as where my heart just went. I could feel my face getting red, and I hoped he hadn't noticed.

"I don't know what to do." He explained, not breaking our stare. I blinked, realizing I hadn't for a couple seconds.

"Do what you think is best for you." I told him. "Do what you have to do to be happy."

"I don't think I can be happy with him." He took a deep breath.

I opened my mouth to give him more advice, but my phone rang in my pocket. I finally looked away and at the screen.

"It's my brother." I  told Phil. "I.. Uhm- I really have to go... It's important."

"Yeah.. I understand." Phil watched me rise, staying seated on his duvet.

"Make yourself happy, Phil." I pleaded, opening his door. He told me he would, and I hoped he was being honest.

It took me approximately 10 minutes to get to Phil's house, but now I needed to be home as soon as possible.

The only shortcut I knew was to cross through the park and hop over PJ's fence. His house was a block from mine, and the alleyway connecting the park and the main road was always full of drug dealers.

I sprinted to the park, panting immensely as I ran past the lake. By the time I reached PJ's house, I could've died from a heart attack.

And I almost did when I heard his voice. "Dan?"

"PJ." I said, taking generous breaths when I jumped into his yard. "I really have to get home."

"I figured... But do you have time to talk?" He asked me from his window.

"What? No?" I started walking again, staring up at him.

"Dan... It's very important." His voice sounded strained.

"Peej, I can't right now."

"Please."

"PJ, we can talk to-"

"Dan, I'm in love with you."

Wait, what? Wasn't he... Didn't he like... What?