73%

{Trigger warning.. Lo siento}

"No! He said he wouldn't!"

"Oh, c'mon! You really trust dad?"

"But he said he wouldn't leave again for a while.."

I laughed at Adrian. "I repeat: you really trust dad?"

"He told me I could trust him." My little brother looked down at his tea on the floor.

"Hey." I tried to change the subject. "How's your arm?"

Adrian held out his arm that was covered by a long sleeve. "It's been better."

"And you haven't done it since?" I asked. He nodded slowly and dropped his arm. "Ade?" I pressed.

"I haven't!"

"Show me."

He glared at me for a second, and rolled up his sleeve. Most of his cuts were scars now, and I couldn't point out any fresh ones. "See!" He said, covering them back up. "So, how's-"

"Uh uh." I stopped him, putting my finger up. "Other arm too."

"I haven't, Dan!"

"Then you'd have no problem proving it." I crossed my arms.

Adrian slid his tongue over his bottom lip and looked down. Then, he pulled up the other sleeve. I sighed deeply at the sight. "Ade-"

"Just... Don't tell mom."

"But why do you do it?!"

"I don't know!" He yelled.

I shook my head and looked at the floor while my little brother took a sip of his tea. He spit it back in his cup and gagged. "God, it's freezing." He smiled up at me.

"Why do we never drink it?" I laughed, noting how quickly he could change an awkward atmosphere.

"We always have so much to say. And since I have a secret I want to know one of yours."

"I don't have any." I admitted, scanning my brain for one I could trust him with.

"Have you ever swiped your v-card?"

"What?"

"You know... Done the do."

"Ade, what-"

"You know! Frickle frackle."

"Oh!" I burst out laughing. After I while, I had to hold my cheeks because they hurt from smiling so much. "No." I said after a while. "Never."

"Sure..." He squinted at me, as though the words 'I'm not a virgin' were written across my forehead. "Okay then, what happened with you and PJ?"

"Stupid stuff. He hurt me and Phil and now we don't talk to him." I said truthfully.

"Speaking of Phil... Are you moving to America with him?"

"I don't think so..." I shrugged.

He let out sigh of relief. "So, are you gonna have, like... A long distance relationship, or something?"

I tilted my head. "Well... We both know those never work out."

"They could. Are you gonna break up with him?"

"It's possible."

"Awe. He's super cool."

"Yeah... He is." I nodded.

"Member the game we played with the rocking horse wood?" He chuckled. "You guys made it so much fun."

I glanced over at the poster that covered the hole we had made in the wall. "Yeah. Listen, little bro, whatever happens I'll always be here for you." I promised.

Adrian looked down again. "Doesn't really seem like it." He muttered.

"Phil doesn't mean as much to me as you do. Whether I go to America, or leave with dad, I'll call you everyday. And this," I grabbed both of his wrists. "Needs to stop."

"Yeah.." He said.

"I'm serious. Can you please tell me why."

"I don't know. Every time I do, you pay more attention to me."

"Are you kidding?" I scoffed. "Adrian, there's many things you can do to get my attention... I worry way too much when you hurt yourself."

"I'm sorry." He covered his face with his hands.

"Please, for the love of God, please stop." I begged. He nodded and stayed still for a few moments. I waited for him to look up, but he didn't. I took our tea and left his room, and I'm fairly sure he was crying.

Another thing to add to my list of reasons why I should stay here. I was leaning more towards my dad, though. His path was more carefree and fun. Staying home with mom and Adrian was more on the peaceful and bright side. Phil's road looked to be more work and pressure, but definitely happy. Maybe if Phil and I stayed together, we could meet up every now and then. Or maybe something will go wrong, and maybe we might have to break up...

But as colorful as our relationship is, you never truly get to see the end of a rainbow.