41%

A/N: 5k reads I'm actually gonna cry... Thank y'all so much and I hope you enjoy the book!

My dad was true to his punishment, but after a week of moaping around the house and being alone in my room, he decided he would force me to do something instead.

"Mrs. Johnson down the street is looking for a babysitter, Dan." Dad told me. My eyes widened at the name of Johnson.

"And?"

"And I want you to apply."

"I'm not allowed to leave the house, remember?" I crossed my arms.

Dad sighed. "If you take this job, I'll let you go out of the house again, okay?"

"No. I don't want to." I shook my head.

"Why? Can't handle two kids?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I could."

"I don't know..."

"Oh yeah?" I retorted, walking out the front door to my house.

As soon as I was outside, I had realized my dad tricked me into agreeing to it. I groaned loudly, slamming the door behind me.

On the walk to my teacher's house, I couldn't help but think of the time Phil and I raided her cabinet. It was the most fun I had in a long time. Poor color boy. He may not even to be able to take his dream job after all.

I had almost forgotten about the PJ incident when I saw Anthony walking down the street towards me. His eyes widened, and he turned around as if he thought I hadn't noticed him.

"Ant! Hey!" I called after him, jogging to catch up with him.

"Dan..." He greeted, continuing his walk.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What's up?"

"Nothing."

"Okay." I replied, walking in silence next to him.

"Are the rumors true, Dan?" He glanced over at me. "Did you help Phil cheat on PJ?"

I stopped in my tracks and shook my head profoundly. "Absolutely not." I answered. Anthony sighed, almost of relief. "Phil spent the night at my house, and we fell asleep studying the stars. I guess we slept closer to each other than we thought." I explained.

"I knew it. PJ just seemed so... Upset."

"He likes me."

"Well... Duh." Anthony scoffed. "He only put everyone out of the way just to get to you."

"You noticed?"

"Everybody did." He nodded. "That's why you haven't had a relationship in, like, 50 years."

He did make a good point.

"Listen, I'm going to get a babysitting gig at Mrs. Johnson's house... But we should meet up later." I suggested. Anthony nodded, we said goodbye, and he continued walking the way he was supposed to.

I knocked on my teachers front door, and a young girl answered. Her smile faded instantly. "You're not the pizza man."