Chapter 19

The next stop was in a special place for me. I stopped the car and stepped out. So did Michel.
I went over to him and interwined our fingers. „Let's walk babe." Michel just smiled and nodded.
As we were walking, Michel asked me a question, I was afraid of. „Mark where is your dad? I saw pictures of him in your house but nothing else." I felt tears in my eyes. No fuck, it was supposed to be a happy day and now I felt like crying. I swalloed and sat down on the grass. Michel sat next to me and waited for an answer.
„Okay, I guess I have to tell you. My dad is..." I said as I tried to hold back the tears.„ Well he is d-d-dead. He died two years ago. A week before we moved here with mom. We wanted to move here as a family but my dad passed away before he could even see our house." I said tears just flowing from my eyes.
Michel just held me. „I'm so sorry Mark. But why did he die? What happened to him?"
„He was in a car accident. A truck hit him. First he was in a coma for 3 weeks but then his heart stopped beating and he died. It was my fault that he died." I whispered the last part hoping Michel wouldn't hear it.
„What? How was that your fault?" Shit he heard me.
„It is. If I hadn't went to the stupid party, my dad would be alive. I got beaten up and I called him to pick me up and he was worried about me and just didn't even notice the red light and just drove and then got hit and just." I sobbed.
Michel moved closer to me and just hugged me tightly. „It's not your fault. It's not. Okay? It was an accident okay? Don't blame yourself Mark." he said before connecting our lips.
When he pulled away, he just looked at me. „You are beautiful you know that right?" I just sat there.
„I used to come here to cry and scream. I screamed just to let the pain out." I said in a quiet voice. „Why did you bring me here?" Michel asked. „I want this to be our get away place. Our little special place." I said with a smile. He nodded and stood up. „Let's go home. I want to watch movies with you." I smiled and stood up.
We walked to my car and drove home. „We are home!" i yelled as i stepped inside. "Hey. So how did your date go?" Ma asked. „It was wonderful. Your grandson is an amazing person." Michel said with a smile. Ma just smiled and nodded. „We're going upstairs now."
As we got into my room, I took off my clothes and put on my PJ pants. The same did Michel. We crawled onto the bed and before I could react, Michel already had his hand around my waist and the TV was turned on. Michel went through channels when he found Police Academy 2. „Oh let's watch this please." „Sure Mark" Michel said after kissing my head.
We were laughing super hard when suddenly Michel's phone went off. Michel picked up the phone and said hey. After few seconds his face went pale and it seemed like he would burst into tears. He ended the call and put his phone down.
„Michel what's wrong baby?" I worried. „It was my best friend's mom. H-he is dead. He died from a drug overdose." he said a tear fall from his eye. I grabbed him in my arms and just held him. „The funeral is tomorrow. Will you please come with me? I can't do it without you. I need your support."
„Of course I will come. Of course baby. Let it out. All the pain, let it out. I'm here for you. Don't try to force the pain down. Don't. Cry as much as you want okay?" Michel just nodded and I felt his tears on my chest. I just held him close and I didn't even talk.
We sat like that for hours, Michel crying into my chest and me just conforting him. It was 3am when Michel finally fell asleep and I just covered us with a blanket. I kissed his head and let myself fall into a deep sleep.
I was woken up by Michel's sob. I woke up and just looked at Michel. „I didn't mean to wake you up. I'm sorry." he sobbed. „No shhhh it's okay. Don't apologize. When's the funeral?" „At 12. And it's 9 now." I nodded and just kissed his forehead. „Let's get ready baby. Okay?" Michel nodded.
We stood up and as I was walking into the bathroom, I heard Michel following me.
„I can't be alone right now. I'm just going to wash my teeth while you shower." I just nodded and got into the shower. When I got done, I stepped out and walked into my bedroom. Michel took a quick shower after me.
I walked into my closet and started to search my black suit.
When I found it, I put it on and stepped into my bedroom.
Michel was just sitting on my bed. His face was emotionless.
I walked over to him and kissed him. „Do you have a suit?" I asked him. He shook is head.
I walked back into my closet and took my other dark suit and brought it to Michel. "I'll be downstairs waiting for you okay?" Michel just nodded.