Chapter 25

Michel was laying in bed with his ex-fiance sitting next to him. She looked at me and smiled.
„Don't worry. I'm just here because his brother asked me to be here until you arrive." She said as she stood up.
„What happened to him?" I managed to say.
„He was found near his father's house, all beaten up. He has 4 broken ribs and all the rest you can see. He keeps mumbiling „I'm sorry Mark." in his sleep. I hope you two can sort things out." Eliza hugged me and left.
I walked to Michel's bed and sat on a chair. I took his hand in mine and looked at him.
A black eye, lips that looked like not the lips I kissed. His hand was in bandages.
„What did he do to you baby?" I whispered.
Suddenly Michel's eyes opened and he looked at me. „Why are you here? Get out! I don't want you here!" He yelled as he ripped his hand away from me.
I stood up and ran out with tears streaming down my face. I stopped in the hall. I saw Marco walking towards me.
When he saw me cry, he hugged me. „What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
„He hates me. He doesn't want to see me anymore. It's over." I sobbed.
„Shh. Sit here okay? I'm going to have a talk with him. Stay here okay?" Marco said while letting go of me. I just nodded.
He went in and I could hear yelling. I put my hand in my pocket and found my headphones. I put them on and played my favorite song Walk Away. That song was describing my life right now.
I just sat there and listened to the music. Suddenly I felt someone's arm on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Marco. I took out my headphones and stood up.
„Go in." was all he said.
I did as I was told. I walked in and saw Michel on the bed.
I slowly walked to the bed and sat on the chair next to it. I didn't know what to do.
Soon Michel turned to me with red eyes.
„I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving. I'm sorry for just disapearing. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for everything I did wrong." he said with a tear falling.
I just stood up and hugged him. I felt his hands making their way around my waist and hugging me tight. We stayed like that for some time.
When I was about to take my arms away from him, he pulled me back. „Please hold me. I missed your strong arms around me." he said with a sad face.
„I can't hug you as tight as I would like to because of your ribs."
„I don't care about my ribs. I want your arms around me. Now." he said with a slightly angry voice.
„But I care and you can't change that. If you want me to believe that you're sorry, you have to show me. You've put me through hell. You've hurt me so bad. Plus you messed up my birthday plans today. So show me that you are sorry. You know where to find me." I said as I let go of him and walked out.
I wasn't letting him go this easy. I walked back to my car and looked at the clock. It was 1AM. I decided to go for a drive just to clear my mind.
I drove around over 4 hours. When I got home everything was silent. Mom and Ma were asleep still. I made my way to the kitchen and made myself something to eat. I just warmed some pizza and ate it.
I washed my plate and walked upstairs. I opened my room's door and slowly walked in. I took off my clothes and just fell on my bed.
„Happy late birthday to me." I mumbled to myself. My mind was so empty and I felt so numb. I wasn't angry or happy or sad. I felt nothing.
I hugged my Mickey Mouse and took my phone. I had a message from Michel.
„Happy late birthday baby. I love you and I promise I will show you that I'm sorry." I just deleted the text.
I suddenly felt the need to have a hot shower. I stood up and walked into my bathroom and took off my boxers and got into the shower.
Damn I loved hot showers. They always relaxed me and just made me feel good. I just stood under the water until it was gettimg cold.
I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out. I went to my closet and put on some boxers and a hoodie with matching sweatpants.
It was 6:30am. Mom and Ma would wake up soon so I decided to make them breakfast.
I walked downstairs and started to make batter for waffles. Whem the first waffel was cooking, my phone buzzed in my hoodie's pocket. Message from Marco.
„What's your favorite flower?" I laughed and sent a text back.
„If he thinks buying me flowers will make everything good, he is wrong. But my favorite flower is black and dark red roses."
When all the waffles were done,I started to make fruit salat.
When I was finally done, I put some waffles on a plate and fruit salat on them. I also put some chocolate sauce on them.
I set up the tabel and put the plates on it. I added a fork and knife and made coffee. I also took a rose from Ma's garden and put it on the table.
Soon I heard Ma and mom walk down the stairs. When they walked i to the kitchen I just stood there and smiled. „Morning my favorite ladies."
„Morning honey. Wow what a breakfast. What is this for?" Ma asked.
„Just wanted to show how much I appreciate you and mom. I love you both so much and I'm so thankful that you two are in my life." I said as I hugged them both.
They sat down and started to eat. I just sat with them and ate some fruit salat. Whem we finished, I cleaned up and went to my room.