Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Boredom.

And only after four days.

I sighed heavily, laying back across the bed and staring up at the ornately painted gold ceiling, stretching my legs out on the satin sheets. I threw an arm over my head, brushing my hair out so it dangled over the edge of the bed and swept to the floor. I closed my eyes, listening to the muffled sound of music wafting up from the tavern across the street, drums beating and a string instrument plucked sharply, a flute humming in time with a smooth relaxed tune.

The heat from the afternoon sun poured in through the windows, streaming across my body through the sheer drapes I'd thrust aside after my last client had left the room. The laughter and chattering of voices came up from the street and from the lobby downstairs, and the sound of a headboard banging against the wall in the room next door grated on my nerves, along with the overly zealous wanton moans of the other employed prostitute.

The first three days had been perfection. I'd found exactly what I needed in each client that had been sent up to me. Bulging with raw muscular power, rough husky growls from thickly corded necks, warrior types that fed on the bloodshed around them. Criminals, mostly, some frustrated soldiers, and other travelers hoping to scratch a biological itch.

It had taken no more than a few minutes to subdue them. From their gruff masculinity to writhing pools of sex on the bed... on the floor... the balcony. Even once in the lobby.

But by day four, it had slowed down from a thrilling sexual expedition to a mere chore. I no longer felt compelled to scream in orgasm, the urge to rake my fingernails down massive backs, pulling hair. It had all drifted away by the fourth day and I was left laying on the bed in bored silence as my clients came one after another, literally expelling their seed, before taking their leave.

I wasn't ashamed for any of it either. I was scratching my own itch, one that was no longer satisfied by their exploits, but I had no problem feeding their hunger for a short time. Most of them couldn't keep up with my stamina anyway. Sooner or later, they were goo on the floor, struggling to pick up their clothes and leave without passing out in the foyer.

Now, I was simply bored.

It had been too easy to tame those beasts. Too easy to take their hands guide them to the bed and figure out exactly what they liked best and what they wanted so much they were afraid to speak it aloud.

Even the soldier I'd run into had finally appeared and he, too, had only brought brief euphoria.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I blinked, then rolled over onto my stomach, propping myself up on my elbows on the edge of the bed as the old man came into view of the room with his two guards behind him.

"Whatever do you mean, sir?" He curled his lip, as if he couldn't stand the sight of me any longer.

"You've been my most popular whore for four days and suddenly you're not into it?" He demanded, making me smile as he quoted my most recent client's complaint. I folded my hands and rested my chin on them as I peered up at the old man, who shuddered, apparently approving of my pretty picture, but he managed to retain his anger.

"I am not going to lie to my clients," I responded calmly lowering my hands now, "If they are not pleasing me, then they are not pleasing me. Besides, it is not my job to enjoy it. It is my job to ensure they enjoy it. And given that the young male who just left here came twice on my stomach, he very much enjoyed himself." The old man sputtered, then marched across the room with an impressive speed, reeling his cane back as if to hit me, but I waved my hand up and froze his actions, making him tremble and gape at me.