Chapter Fifty-Five

Chapter Fifty-Five

"Welcome to this year's first United Pantheons meeting. We ask that you keep magic under wraps, keep your nose out of mortal business, and please no violence while under this roof. We're here to discuss the past year and recent events in your realms. Also, please wait your turn before speaking, and that means you, Hel. Now, before we begin, I'd like to introduce myself to those of you who don't know who I am."

"My name is Joxeia. I am the Demon of Creation, one of the first three to come into being. I will not tolerate any rule breaking in this room, and if you should think yourself wise to try and prove me otherwise, I will break your neck and throw you out the window, and even a god would find a sixty story fall to the streets of Seattle quite painful. Now that we've got that out of the way, let us begin with this year's meeting starting with Duat."

I stepped back from the oblong table, watching as Set stood up from his seat to address the room of representatives from the pantheons across the universe. The room was pleasant enough, and secluded enough so that the humans were never curious, never the wiser, that this room in particular was used as a meeting room for creatures that their minds would never be able to comprehend.

Since the beginning of the pantheons, the meetings had been held in the mortal realm where magic had difficulty forming due to the atmosphere and mortal presence. Every so often, the meeting location would change. It'd gone from Babylon to what was now known as Moscow, a village in China, the Scottish Highlands, and for the past century, the meetings were held in Seattle in the United States. An unassuming corporate business building where humans thought we were just a company that held a conference every so often here and the barrier we provided kept them from ever gaining curiosity of our presence.

The room was now large enough to accommodate the representatives around a long table surrounded by black leather office chairs, and walls made entirely of ceiling to floor windows that looked out over the glittering sparkling mortal city that bustled with human life, and perhaps even demon life that the mortals were completely oblivious too. Against the far wall beside the only door to the room was a long cheap table with a vinyl plastic table cover and snacks and drinks scattered there, mostly having been picked apart by the presence company.

The lights overhead made the oak wood table appear glossy, the heads beneath them turning toward Set, who explained the recent events in his realm, none of which were catastrophic, thankfully. One by the one, the representatives rose, gave their piece, then sat back down. It was relatively tame for once, and something told me it had to do with more than just threatening to toss them out a window.

Akin rose up at his turn, looking down at his report. He looked stunning in a long sleek black pirate coat, a tight black v-neck, leather pants, and boots that added to his height, his long white-blonde hair curled today as he pulled it up into a ponytail, those blue eyes sliding across the pages.

"Atlantis is settling into a comfortable routine," he reported coolly, "Our population has risen exponentially. Residents are now settled and maintain jobs within the community. We've formed laws and a government based on the voices of the people through Hannibal. Atlantis hopes to open its barriers for tourism in the coming months. An island has been set aside solely for this purpose and tourists are welcome to visit the main island as well as several others, including the formerly blockaded Arisno Isles." His report continued with ease and confidence, and the other representatives seemed welcoming to his presence, nodding and asking questions regarding the realm he ruled alongside his husband.

He sat down and the reports continued. Every so often, a comment was made, shut down, or banter was traded. Chuckles would ripple through the people, occasionally a disagreement, but nothing that warranted my temper, much to relief.