Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

"Are you fucking kidding me? Does this look like fucking salmon to you? This is fucking fuchsia, Karen. Are you colorblind? Were you just born that fucking stupid, or did you have to work at it?"

Zeus was definitely not a charmer in the morning. And especially not when someone delivered the wrong colored tie to him, apparently.

I woke up bright and early that day for my daily run, popped into the shower for about half an hour, and dressed in a casual pair of jeans, a blue button up top and a black button vest, plus ankle boots, and finished the attire off by pulling my hair up into a ponytail with a skull printed scrunchie Akin had given me for Christmas.

I appeared in Zeus's home about ten after eight to find the god not only purchasing another suit, but nearly biting off a trembling fae's head off while the fae's nymph partner merely watched with boredom in his eyes. Until he caught sight of me, and not only did the nymph's head snap to look at me, but so did Zeus's. It was... actually super fucking creepy the way their heads moved in unison and their eyes locked on me like a pair of sniper rifles hiding in the bushes. The fae was too busy fumbling through a case of ties to find one in the color Zeus wanted.

"Terrorizing the neighborhood so early?" I asked. Zeus straightened, appeared more relaxed now as he straightened his navy pinstripe suit, pausing to give me a once over. Fuck, it was like his eyes were tongues licking right up my body to my neck. A spark erupted in my gut, but I quickly tamped it down, especially when the nymph's leering became blatantly obvious.

"The fuck are you looking at?" Zeus snarled at him. The nymph stiffened, then quickly bowed low, but looked less than pleased to do so... and snuck another glance at me. Zeus backhanded him on the way up and the nymph cursed.

"Eyes on the fucking product, Jericho, or I'll break your goddamn jaw," he threatened. The nymph, Jericho, said nothing now, didn't even blink. Zeus was pleased with the obedience and turned to me with a wickedly charming smile. Gods, he looked ridiculously handsome in that suit, and his hair styled perfectly, not a hair out of place. The only thing that was missing was a tie, so the button up shirt was partially opened... and I found that more attractive than those stupid ties.

Then again, that tie would come in handy for other things in the near future.

"He can look if he wants," I answered coolly, approaching the trio at a full size mirror, "I'm not seeing anyone, actually, and I could use a good night out." Jericho's lips twitched, like the idea amused him. Zeus tensed at that, turning his head to give Jericho a warning glare and Jericho coughed into his fist, then cleared his throat.

"Sire, care you for a different shade for your tie this morning?" He asked instead. Zeus rolled his eyes in disgust, turning back to face the trembling case of ties in the fae's hands. He studied them for the longest time and I eased over to his side, peering into the case, studying the various shades of orange and pink until my eyes landed on something particularly nice.

"That one," I said. Zeus scowled.

"That's not salmon."

"Why would you wear the color of fish with a navy pinstripe?"

"It's not-- Fuck you. Seriously. You have no class," Zeus snorted, shoving the case away and heading to his closet to look through ties he already had. I nodded to the fae and nymph that they were no longer needed here. As the fae packed up her case, Jericho approached me, completely invading my personal space with this macho aura that threatened to suffocate me.

"Are you sleeping with him?" He asked straight up. I raised an eyebrow, folding my arms over my chest and glancing him from head to toe. He wasn't bad looking; ripped as fuck with a tight black v-neck top and matching jeans, so he looked a lot like a club bouncer than, well, whatever the hell he was supposed to be. His dark hair was cropped close to his skull, eyes seafoam green, and a silver hoop in his left ear. Delectable enough, but my cock didn't even twitch at his presence.