Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One

I was supposed to see Zeus after my interviews with Demeter and Poseidon, but I couldn't bring myself to go back to that palace. I didn't want to be around Zeus, not when I felt like this. I didn't trust myself to stay focused on the task at hand. I didn't trust myself not to melt into a puddle at his feet. Especially since we never got around to fellatio.

And his cock is so huge. Gods, I'd choke on it the entire time--

Jesus fucking Christ, is this really what a dry spell did to me? Or was it more than that? I didn't want to think about it. That wasn't my main focus. It was the fact that I couldn't help Zeus like I'd promised, and the thought made my stomach sink. It made my bones practically ache and I wrapped my arms around my stomach, bending over to catch my breath.

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

This was it. This was the first person I couldn't help, and it wasn't even his damn fault.

It was mine.

I'd gotten so wrapped up in him. Everything about him was electric. Everything about him was addicting, right down to the way he stood, the way he walked, fuck, the way he breathed. All of it was incredibly precious to me in a way I hadn't felt for someone before. In fact, the intensity was so severe that I wondered briefly, did I love Zeus more than I loved anyone else in my life?

I'd felt love before. I loved Lucifer, and every single of his children, his lovers who were kind and caring to him, even Lillian after she left. I loved them so much I would give everything I had for them, just to make them smile.

And that feeling was tripled with Zeus.

And it terrified me. I couldn't help him. Not now. Not that I'd been sucked in too deep. While I did value each and every person I helped, what I felt for Zeus was just too much.

With nowhere else to go, I vanished from Demeter's property, reappearing just outside the large Southern plantation style home that belonged to Aphrodite and Ares. The massive property was bordered by a large sturdy fence that housed several dozen dogs, several of whom were roaming the lawns, sniffing around, some rough housing while a servant watched them with his flashlight to ensure their play didn't escalate.

I quickly made my way down the paved path to the front door, popping inside without knocking because I wasn't particularly thinking about privacy or the likes. I just knew I needed to talk to the only person who could understand, the only person who perhaps was even far more knowledgable than myself.

I pinpointed Satanika's location in the far sitting room, and walked toward the room, listening to the sound of dog claws clicking on the sleek wood floors, a couple of them passing by me and pausing to sniff at me and rub their noses on my pant legs. I allowed them their little greetings before I continued on my way. I nearly walked right into the room without checking in before I realized what I was interrupting and quickly backtracked.

Inside the beautiful plant decorated sitting room with soft patio furniture, Satanika was flopped over on her back on the long sofa with Ares draped over top of her, kissing her gently on the lips as he took her hand and placed it against his chest. It didn't appear prepared to escalate, but I still didn't feel like my place to interrupt their moment. I remained outside the room, rubbing at the center of my chest where an ache began to develop.

I felt this magnetic tug to return back to Zeus's palace, but I rooted my feet in place and stared down at the floor, trying to distract myself by studying the thin lines in the wood flooring. I counted nearly to hundred or perhaps more, I lost count and had to restart several times, before Ares came out of the room, still fully clothed and his black wraparounds still hiding his eyes. He gave me a two fingered salute before heading down the hallway, in the process scooping up a tiny Pomeranian to pet.