Chapter 6

Special thanks again to EmeraldChaos_ for the character Zoey Ramirez!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #408 in Chick Lit

________________

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 6

....................................................................

Daydreams. Being a writer and journalist, my life is lived within those fantasies. Throughout the days, I can find myself stuck within my own mind, just imagining how certain events, or stories, will play out. Usually, I'm not able to predict exactly how something will turn out. But tonight, I was fortunate enough to live out one of those dreams. The very dream that I had been consumed by since middle school.

The date with Zac had been everything I had imagined it would be. Zac was a perfect gentleman and had taken me out to dinner at one of the most romantic restaurants in town. He wore dress pants, a nice shirt, and made sure to tell me just how amazing I looked in my dress. To top it all off, he had bought me a bouquet of red roses, and we strolled along Main Street under the twinkly lights lining the street.

Tonight couldn't have gotten any better.

"You want me to drop you off here?" Zac questioned once more as he stopped the car near the edge of the Berkeley campus. "It's not a problem for me to drive you back to your apartment." He reminded, giving me an almost concerned look.

"I made plans to study with Lewis." I brushed off. Though it wasn't exactly a secret about how Chase and I hadn't been speaking, I wasn't wanting to ruin the night by bringing it up to Zac. "He and Alan live on campus. They're up in the apartments right here." I said, motioning towards the tall building to our right.

Zac finally nodded, the man turning away for only a second so he could unlock the doors to his car. "Well, I guess I'll wish you a good night." He smiled happily. I could feel my cheeks burning a bright shade of red before he lurched out of the car. Zac raced around to my side, popping open the car door and holding out a hand to help me out. I smiled gently up at him as I took a step onto the pavement below.

Zac dropped my hand, using his own hand instead to pick up the bouquet of roses he had gotten for me. I pulled them into my arms, my smile unable to be contained as I looked into his eyes. Zac had somehow pulled off the perfect date, and I couldn't think of anyone better to have it with. "I had an amazing time tonight." I sighed, glancing up over my shoulder towards Alan and Lewis' apartment.