Chapter 19

Dedicated to Jaylasofine123 !

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #453 in Chick Lit

Goal: 2 Votes and 3 comments.

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 19

....................................................................

Yes, maybe I had known about Alan's feelings for some time now; Lewis had made that abundantly clear that first day of school. But even considering all the facts, all the feelings that had gone unnoticed for these last few months, I still wasn't expecting Alan to make a move like that.

It was so rash, unexpected, strangely exhilarating, and utterly mind boggling all at the same time. But that was Alan master plan. He knew what little experience I had with guys, and now, he was using his surprise kiss against me.

The initial shock wore off, however, and now, with Alan's lips pressed firmly against my own, all I could feel was confusion. Why kiss me here? Why right now, in front of all these people? Why this moment as opposed to the many others we had shared?

I ripped myself away from him, unable to shake away the shiver that ran up my spin the second after his lips left my own. I bit into my bottom lip nervously before walking towards the edge of the stage.

"Can we take five?" I called, barely catching Lewis' attention over the many hoots and hollers of the other crew members.

"That's five, everyone!" Lewis laughed.

I rolled my eyes, and without looking back at Alan, I hopped off the stage and raced towards the exit. I needed fresh air, and I needed it quickly.

I pushed through the auditorium doors, the cool air hitting me the instant I did. Allowing the doors to swing shut behind me, I walked slowly around the side of the building before falling back against a nearby tree. I felt unsteady, and weirdly unsure about where my life would be taking me next.

After all this, I had somehow gotten myself stuck in between these two guys; two guys that happened to be two of my best friends.

I could feel my face scrunching up in annoyance as the doors swung open once more. I was half expecting Lewis, ready for more gossip, but instead I found Alan strolling out. I shook my head and hugged my arms tighter around myself. I wasn't wanting to deal with him right now.

"I'm taking five," I hissed.

Alan nodded before pushing his hands into his pockets, "me too. I just wanted to talk."

"What's there to talk about?" I scoffed, standing up a bit straighter. "You pulled the ultimate dick move back there. I'm not ready to talk to you yet."

"Well you pulled a pretty petty move too, Bree." Alan huffed in aggravation. "Asking Chase to fill in for me when I was only a few minutes late? You were practically begging him to kiss you."

"It was Lewis who asked him to fill in!" I yelled back, my chest heaving with anger as I did. "I had nothing to do with it! I actually tried to stop it. You know why? Because it's weird kissing my friends! Especially in front of an entire room of people."