Chapter 26

Dedication goes out to BTRLover130 as a huge thanks for the character, Brody Reed!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last few weeks - #442 in Chick Lit

A sneak peek will be up on the site this Wednesday! If you guys could continue to vote and comment, that would be great!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 26

....................................................................

I always had a way of making my opinions known. Anyone who knew me well enough caught onto that quick enough. It wasn't a bad quality by any means, but it sometimes got me into some trouble.

Though the only trouble it's gotten me into lately, was with my three best friends.

Chase had let things lie after I'd gotten off the phone with Lewis the night before, but I certainly hadn't. I was still racking my brain to try and figure out how Rebecca leaving the country would help things between Chase and I. If anything, it strangely made everything more complicated. With Rebecca leaving, I was left to wonder if Chase still had feelings for her.

I wouldn't ever be able to pin him down on that.

It was almost nine in the morning on a Saturday, the exact time when Lewis had told me to meet him at this remote coffee place. I still didn't know why exactly he'd had me meet him so far off campus. Lewis almost never strayed too far from home, so meeting him here, was quite a stretch.

This new fangled coffee place looked like any other small town coffee shop. There was a counter along the right wall with a large display case, showing off the many baked goods they had to offer. The walls were a dark coffee brown, and the floor was a sleek, light brown tile. There were small, brown rounded tables scattered across the room, and there were two chairs paired to each table.

The second the door closed behind me, I caught sight of Lewis hiding in the far left corner, sitting at some random table. His face lit up, the kid waving me over as he did. I rolled my eyes and walked over, stopping just in front of the table.

"Took you long enough," Lewis scoffed dramatically. "I've had about fifteen expressos."

"That can't be good," my face wrinkled up in worry. "I don't trust you with strong coffee."

"I don't even trust me with strong coffee."

I took a deep breath as I sat down, hanging my purse over the back of the chair. Lewis looked elated to say the least, and I knew it was more than just the coffee. I hadn't seen him this happy since the night of the play.

"What's got you so chipper?" I teased, resting my elbows on the edge of the small table. Lewis' face twisted in disgust.

"Chipper?" Lewis mocked. "What are we? An old married couple?"

"Definitely not," I laughed, holding back my own disgust at the idea. "But you've got that weird happy face going, and I don't know how to describe it."