Chapter 7

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #256 in Chick Lit

________________

© 2016 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 7

....................................................................

One thing happened this weekend that I could have never imagined. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever pegged Lewis as a softie, or as someone as understanding as he had been. But, as rare as this was, Lewis managed to prove me wrong.

Not only did the two of us watch as many Disney Channel movies as we could find on Netflix, but we actually bonded. We bonded in a way that the two of us had never bonded before. Lewis and I had one heart to heart after another, each sharing something we had never told anyone before. Some of the things that I told Lewis over the weekend, Chase didn't even know; and that scared me a little.

"Okay." Lewis began as he clapped his hands together. "I'd like to start off by saying, yes, this meeting was planned." I rolled my eyes at him before shifting over another inch on the couch. Chase and I had somehow ended up next to one another in Alan and Lewis' apartment for this so called, 'group meeting'. Alan, on the other hand, was sitting on one of the bar stools near the kitchen. He still didn't want anything to do with me after I had ditched him for Zac on Friday night.

"Why are we here?" Chase sighed before falling back against his end of the couch. It was Monday, meaning Chase and I hadn't spoken for a whole week. Even during bowling class this morning, he had brushed past me without a word. Lewis had actually been the one to drive me to school today, and that was one of Chase and I's most treasured traditions.

"For many reasons." Lewis shrugged off without another glance over at me. Lewis turned his attention to Chase before continuing. "Now Chase, we all know how jealous you are of Zac, so we won't be bringing that up in this discussion. But it is thoroughly noted." Chase's mouth began to move as he tried to come up with a retort, only for Lewis to waved off Chase's silent protests. I bit my lip to keep back from laughing at the two. I had missed moments like this. "Also, Alan? Bree and I were actually in the apartment when you decided to bang-"

"Stop it," I warned, holding up a finger to Lewis.

"Fine. We were here when you ever so respectfully decided to bed Zac's little sister. Happy, Bree?" Lewis smirked as Alan's face turned bright red. The embarrassment was written all across Alan's face in the moment. How could he have thought that he had gotten away with that little discretion?

"You slept with Zac's little sister?" Chase asked incredulously as he sat back up on the couch.

Alan nodded shamefully, allowing for his sight to drop down to his feet. "We might have done a few things."

"I hope it was consensual." Lewis nodded, forcing me to throw a balled up piece of paper from the coffee table at him.

"Anyways." I huffed, giving Lewis a knowing glare. "Get back to the point, Lewis."

The man in question nodded without any further protest. "We've all been fighting, a lot, over the last week. Some of us haven't even spoken since last Monday." Lewis recalled smartly as he tossed a quick glance Chase's way. "And after some careful Internet research this weekend, I can confirm that this nonsense fighting comes down to one thing," Lewis paused as he pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket. "Sexual tension. Meaning we all want to bed one another-"