Chapter 18

Welcome to 2017 everyone 😊 It was my three year anniversary of writing two days ago 💛

Chapter dedication goes out to Belli_Love for her constant love and dedication to all my books 😊❤️

Highest rank on the hot list over the last two weeks - #465 in Chick Lit

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 18

....................................................................

Since I could remember, I had always wanted to grow up. It didn't matter the time or the place, I had this longing to get to the next day, the next year, the next exciting point in my life. I've always been impatient in that sense, unable to wait to find out what was next.

But now that I was here, and I was living living what were supposed to be the best years of my life, I was starting to find that I wanted things to slow down.

It felt as though everything had been moving so quickly as of late. The last few months of college had felt like a rollercoaster, and now I was ready to get off the ride. I was ready for a more uneventful life, even if it only lasted for a second.

"Please tell me someone's seen Alan," Lewis sighed. The man then fell back into one of the many auditorium seats, silently watching as everyone scrambled around up on stage. I myself was sitting just on the edge of the stage, waiting for the tech crew to arrange the sets for our first set rehearsal.

"He wasn't in English three," I called, knowing my words wouldn't help settle Lewis down any. He would be a nervous wreck if we couldn't find Alan within the next few minutes. We were almost half an hour into practice, and our play had only received a small time slot this afternoon for rehearsal.

Alan was dead if he didn't show up soon.

"Great," Lewis said with a fake smile. "Looks like I'm recasting for the afternoon, because the idiot isn't returning my texts!" Lewis reached out, the man pointing around the stage as he started mentally counting the actors who had bothered to show up. "Where the hell is Astrid!" He yelled.

"I ran into her at lunch," I said warily. "She said she needed to talk to Alan."

Lewis sent me a snide smile, "well you just have all the answers, don't you?"

I bit down on my tongue to keep from laughing at him. I knew how stressed Lewis was at the moment, but I couldn't help but to find the humor in the situation. Lewis looked like he was about to fall asleep, and we couldn't find two of our lead actors. Funnily enough, this was one of the most important days leading up to the play, and it was quickly turning into a disaster.

"All this just had to happen the first day I call in an assistant," Lewis muttered.

I frowned with his words. "What?"

"An assistant," Lewis repeated. "As in an assistant director. I thought I needed help corralling all you people. Evidently, I was right."