Chapter 29

Dedication goes out to Belli_Love !

And remember to check out Something Real! Chapter 16 was just posted and it's amazing!

Highest rank on the hot list over the last few weeks - #380 in Chick Lit

A sneak peek is up on the site now! The final chapter is coming!

________________

© 2017 Shay Spencer. All rights reserved.

The Buddies Rule

Chapter 29

....................................................................

My whole life, I had been able to keep a good handle on my emotions. So much so, that I almost always knew when something was bothering me. I had instantaneous reactions to things, and any way that I ended up I feeling, came with a sense of certainty.

But today, on my last day of finals, I had this nagging feeling that just wouldn't go away.

I had been working as hard as possible to pass my the last of my finals, and although it was stressful, I was absolutely positive that I had passed. But even with the relief that flooded over me as I walked out of the my last class, I still had this feeling of uneasiness that wouldn't go away.

I hated not knowing what was bothering me.

I felt so helpless as I walked up the stairs to Chase and I's apartment, and with Chase knowing me as well as he did, he would pick up on it in no time.

Not that I could explain any of this to him. I didn't even know what was wrong with me.

Chase was sitting on the couch, feet propped up on the glass coffee table and headphones on as he worked on whatever assignments he had left. I admired him for that; he worked until he was fully satisfied with whatever he had completed. I couldn't say that about half the assignments I had done lately.

"Hey," Chase sighed, pulling off his headphones. He gave me one of his signature concentration frowns. Even though I'd just walked in, Chase already knew there was something wrong. "How were finals?"

I huffed out a short breathe and tossed my bag into the floor, gently kicking the door closed behind me. "As good as finals can be," I teased. "What are you working on?"

"Oh, nothing," Chase shook his head. He quickly gathered up his things and shut his laptop before placing them soundly on the coffee table.

He was hiding something.

"Did you talk to Lewis earlier?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Chase nodded as he fell back into the couch once again.

"He stopped by to give me some invitation from my dad. He and Tanya are going away for the holidays, and they wanted Lewis and I to come with," he explained. "That was before they found out about Lewis' transfer, though."

I bit into my lip awkwardly, shifting my weight from foot to foot as I stayed standing near the door.

"He's leaving tomorrow night," I laughed halfheartedly. Just the mere thought of continuing on here without Lewis had my stomach in knots. "What are we going to do?"