Chapter 5

Kira's POV

The next morning I woke up as usual and walked downstairs to the library. It was only a few minutes I heard the door open and I looked up to see Oliver striding towards me.

"Do you need me to make you breakfast?" I asked politely. I didn't want him to catch on that I was a little shaken up from last night.

He didn't say anything to my comment, but just stood in front of me for a moment. He was wearing dark, slightly faded jeans, a black V-neck shirt, and a non-expressive look on his face, and his black hair was tousled in a sexy kind of way. Even at this hour in the morning he was drop dead gorgeous. I didn't want to be attracted to him, especially considering he was a horrible person, but there seemed to be no stopping it. 

"Well considering you ARE breakfast." He said, trailing off. I stiffened up just a bit. I'd already been drained enough yesterday to still be a bit weak today. 

"Oh." I mentally slapped myself when it came out more of a squeak.

"Get up already." He demanded, sounding irritated. I nervously stood and took a few steps towards him. I saw his eyes turn black and felt fear course through me. When a vampires eyes were completely black it meant that they were really thirsty, and Oliver shouldn't be that thirsty so soon.

I closed my eyes. I felt his hand lightly brush my hair away from my neck. It was such a gentle touch that I almost found it hard to believe it was Oliver who'd done it. As he leaned in closer I tensed up, waiting for the pain. Sure enough, I felt a sharp stab in the side of my neck.

As he drank, I could feel myself getting lightheaded quickly. A slight noise escaped him as it had last night. The world spun and I suddenly found myself against a wall. One of Oliver's hands slammed against it as the other pulled at my hair so that my head would tilt, making it easier for him to drink from my neck. I was surprised that when he'd moved us to the wall he was careful not to hurt me.

After another minute he pulled away much gentler than he had last night and was in much better control of himself, although he was still a bit out of breath. He looked down at me, and for a moment I forgot to look away.

His mouth didn't have a trace of blood and was relaxed, as was the rest of his body. His lips seemed perfect and his face was carved to perfection. His icy blue eyes looked straight into mine, and for just a moment, it felt right. They seemed gentle, but gave away no emotions. I caught myself quickly looked down at the floor instead. His body tense slightly when I did and I thought he might hit me again, but instead he just walked past me to the door of the library.

"You should be more careful about where you look human, I'll let it slide this once, but that's it." He said firmly as he left the room. I let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding and walked to the bathroom that was in the back of the library. I washed my neck, but there wasn't much to wash off. It wasn't even 7 yet, so i decided to read until 7:15 before I beginning breakfast.

~It was just after 8 in the morning and I was sitting with the rest of the slaves eating the waffles and sausage I'd made. The door to the dining room burst open and Noah walked in.

"Aw, Kira, you are the light in this dim, dim environment that Oliver has created." He said in an over-dramatic way, putting one of his hands to his head. I chuckled slightly as Oliver walked in behind him while giving Noah a glare, but I could tell it was fake because he was trying not to laugh as well. I looked around at the slaves, who were all holding their heads down in an attempt to cover their laughter.

"You're such an imbecile. I swear, how have you lasted as my best friend all these years?" Oliver said, pushing past Noah with an easy smile on his face.