Chapter 20

Kira's POV

 "Nicholas, it's good to see you again." Cedric said in a dry tone.

I looked back at Cedric in surprise. I wasn't expecting him to know Nicholas, but that didn't matter because Cedric didn't look happy to see him at all.'

"Uh, yeah. Hey Nicholas. Glad to see Oliver hasn't killed you." I said with a little humor, but he wasn't looking at me.

"Cedric? I-I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"I bet not." Cedric said, giving him an irritated tone. Nicholas fake coughed and quickly looked at me.

"Ready to go?" He asked, rushing me. 

"Yes, that would be a good idea. Goodbye Kira, I hope to see you soon." Cedric said. I was a little surprised by the way they both wanted to get away from each other.

"What the heck is wrong with you two?" I asked.

 Nicholas began to redden  and he fake coughed again.

"Well you could say we haven't exactly seen eye to eye in the past." He said nervously.

"Couldn't see eye to eye? Really Nick, is that the best way you can explain it?" Cedric said, suddenly angry. "You know I almost didn't recognize you because your mouth wasn't attached to my sister's lips like they were for three years." Cedric said in a sarcastic tone. For a moment, Nicholas looked sad.

"I loved your sister, and can you blame me?" He shot back, but without much effort.

"You weren't true mates, you should've never been together." Cedric said with venom.

"Well you got your wish; she broke it off and I haven't seen her since then." This time, the pain remained in Nicholas's eyes. Cedric's rage softened a bit, but turned away from him. 

"You two should really get going. At this rate you won't get there until ten o'clock tonight."

And so, we left. I said goodbye and climbed into the car, thankful that I wouldn't have to walk anymore. As we drove away I was silent for quite a while. I was sad and yet happy at the same time, and I didn't like the internal confusion.

"So, you and Eva were together?" I asked, looking over at Nicholas. He nodded, but didn't look back. I could tell that it was a sore subject.

"It seems like Cedric just knows everybody." I said, frowning slightly. At this he laughed.

"You have no idea. I don't think I've ever heard a more correct statement in my life." I laughed with him for a moment before he became serious again.

"It's good to be getting you back. Oliver's been crazy the past few days. We don't know what's wrong with him. Noah's been a little off, but if we don't get back soon Oliver might start killing people." He said.

"What? What's wrong with him?"

"We don't know. A lot of people think it's because he doesn't have your blood, but personally I think he's just worried about you and wants you to be safe." Nicholas said, smiling at me. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'm sure that's not true. Even if it was it would only be because he knows Sam would be upset if I were to be killed."

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Whatever you want to believe. But either way, he's certainly been drinking enough to get drunk when he doesn't have any priorities."

"Vampires can get drunk?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it's not the same as when humans get drunk. I don't know how else to explain it. You'll more than likely see it at some point then you'll know what I mean."