Chapter 32

Kira's POV

The rest of the Ball, Oliver and I basically ignored each other entirely. I was still mad at him, and he was obviously still angry with me. I talked to Niah briefly, but I couldn't seem to bring myself to tell her I was her great-granddaughter. She probably wouldn't believe me anyway. We were just now pulling into the driveway of the mansion, and Cedric was behind us. Noah and Alexis had stayed later and wouldn't be back until the next morning.

As we walked in, Oliver told me to stay downstairs with him, Sam, and Cedric. I went ahead and ran upstairs to grab clothes and change into a t-shirt and shorts. I also pulled my hair down and took a moment to admire the way it curled. 

"I would say we could save all of this for tomorrow, but I think we'd best discuss everything tonight." He said. Oliver sat in the middle of the couch, and Sam sat to his right. There was a two person love seat across from the couch that Cedric sat in. I had no interest in being by Oliver at the moment, so I sat down next to Cedric, surprising everyone. Oliver glared at me, but I simply ignored him.

"So does this mean you guys are finally going to tell me what I am?" I asked, tired and a little annoyed. It was nearly 2 in the morning. 

"Not yet." Oliver snapped unnecessarily.

"You don't have to be rude." I said, glaring at him.

Sam cleared his throat before we could start arguing.

"So why is Cedric here. I'm not one to fancy his company.

"Well we need him at the moment, so we are all just going to have to put up with each other." Oliver commanded. 

"So do you and Kira always fight like this?" Cedric asked, giving us weird looks.

"No, he's just being thick headed today." I said, glancing at Oliver. 

"You're just being a brat today."  The glare I gave him was vicious as my temper was spiking.

"You know, I was quite worried about Kira getting hurt while staying with you, but now I know that I should really be worried about you getting hurt." Sam said dryly.

"And speaking of hurting Kira, I saw what you did to her back. And I must say, I'm still very angry about it. Have there been any other incidents I need to know about?" Sam added, suddenly looking angry as well. 

"That was weeks ago Sam."

"It doesn't matter! Her back looked terrible!"

"It was her own fault. She was the one-"

"I thought I made it clear that I didn't care what she did!" Sam said, voice raising.

"You're exaggerating." Oliver said, rolling his eyes.

"No I'm not."

"Can you two stop your bickering and talk about why I'm here." Cedric said, careful not to sound demanding. He was walking on thin ice because both Sam and Oliver glared at him.

"Listen, I saw Kira's back, and yeah, it was pretty damn bad Oliver. Now lets move past that and onto the subject at hand." He added, looking a little annoyed as well.

Sam stiffened.

"How the hell did you see her back?" He asked quietly. Cedric's eyes widened and he froze. 

"I brought her back to Ibitario from Flintre."

"I told you to never be around her unless I was there too." Sam growled out, standing up.

"Yeah Cedric, don't be telling me her back was bad, because I was informed that you broke her arm. How exactly did you manage to fix that up so fast?" Oliver questioned, standing up as well.