Chapter 33

Kira's POV

I sighed, I already missed Sam and he'd just left a few hours ago. After he'd left Oliver and I had made ourselves breakfast then just relaxed in his room. Now we were heading back down for lunch.

"What, no more fighting?" Cedric said. I looked over at him. 

"No." I said flatly. "Well isn't that just swell." He said, giving us a puppy dog face. 

"Is there a reason you're talking to us?" I asked, giving him a fake glare. His face lit up like he'd just remembered something important.

"Oh, yes there is actually. I found Dionysia passed out in her room. She's fine, but she wants to talk to all of us immediately. I was looking for you two."

"Why didn't you say that in the first place!?" Oliver asked, hitting Cedric upside the head. Cedric rubbed his head and rolled his eyes. We quickly made our way to Dionysia's room, feeling anxious.

As we walked inside, the first thing she said was, "Oliver, I need you to get Niah here ASAP."

"Why?" Oliver asked, giving her a weird look.

"You'll find out later. Just do it." She snapped, shooting Cedric a nasty look. Cedric glanced down at his shoes, looking uncomfortable. Oliver was already calling her, probably worried because Dionysia was in such a foul mood. 

"Hello?" I head Niah say over the phone.

"How soon can you get here? Dionysia says she needs you here now and I don't know why." Oliver said, from as he did so. Niah said something that I couldn't make out, and Oliver nodded his head.

"Good, see you soon."

He ended the call and looked at us.

"She was actually near by, so she'll be here in about five minutes."

"Cedric, don't you hate Niah or something?" I asked, giving him a look. I wanted to know the reason behind him hating my great-grandmother.

"Ha! I don't know if I'd say hate is the correct word." Oliver said, smirking.

"What do you mean?"

"Niah and I dated for 13 years and she broke up with me for no reason." Cedric said in a clipped tone. 

"It was 17 years ago. I don't know why you're so hung up on her." Oliver scuffed. "And she had a reason. She was worried that she'd find her mate and hurt you even worse when the time came. 17 years is a long time to date, even for vampires." Oliver said.

"She still hasn't found her mate to this day. If she would've found him, I could understand breaking it off with me. But she never found him, so she broke it off for no reason." Cedric growled out, looking really upset. Oliver just rolled his eyes.

"Sooooo, you really love her, but she broke your heart, making you confuse hate and hurt." I said. He gave me a surprised look, and I saw the slightest hint of red shade over his face.

"Pretty much." He admitted. Oliver and Cedric both straightened, telling me that Niah was probably here now. A few moments passed, then I heard her shout, "I'm here!" From across the house. Cedric and Oliver both winced slightly.

"We are in Dionysia's room, and you really don't have to shout." He said, speaking at a normal level.

She flashed into the room, suddenly appearing before my eyes. 

"Sorry, you know I always- Oh, Cedric." She said, eyes widening as she looked at him. She blushed slightly and bit her lip. "I didn't know you were here too."

"Obviously." He said with surprising gentleness.

She looked down, but then at me. "Kira, it's good to see you again. What happened to your cheek?" She asked, talking about the bruise I had from where Oliver had slapped me.