Chapter 35

Kira's POV

After Oliver came back to me, he told me he'd explain things when we got back to the mansion. I couldn't figure out how to flash again, so Oliver carried me back. Even though I didn't know how to flash, Oliver flashing with me didn't make me feel dizzy or sick like it used to. We eventually wound up in the living room with Dionysia, Noah, and Alexis. (Noah and Alexis had just returned while Oliver and I were away).

Oliver spent a few minutes telling us about what Brent had told him, and now we were all sitting in awe.

"So if Sam is alive and we think that Brent's pack really wants to help us, we're just going to let them live here?" Noah asked, looking skeptical.

"That's the gist of it, but I'm don't trust him right now." Oliver said, frowning still.

"He seems like a pretty trustworthy guy if you ask me. I think we should be focusing on the fact that Sam is probably still alive! And this place is so big, having extra people around might actually give us something to clean instead of pretending all day. And it won't seem so creepy." I said. I was more than excited. I was quite ready to see him again after thinking he was dead for nearly 24 hours.

"We don't know if Sam is alive and we shouldn't get our hopes up about it either." Oliver snapped at me. I glared at him a moment.

"You really ARE a pessimistic person, aren't you? I remember Noah saying that without him you'd wallow in your ways, and boy was he right." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Don't talk to me like that." He muttered without any real attempt to be demanding. 

"Maybe I want to." I said with a smirk. 

"Maybe you should just be quiet in general."

"Shut up." I said.

"If I were you I wouldn't boss me around." Oliver said in a teasing way, a smirk touching his face. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh really? Why ever not?" I asked with thick sarcasm.

"It turns me on." He said with a shrug, although the smirk hadn't left his face.

"Oliver!" Noah choked out. "What the hell is wrong with you? Do you really need to say stuff like that right now?" He said, giving Oliver a look of horror. 

"I was only kidding!"

"What does that mean?" I asked, interrupting them. Both of them stared blankly at me for a moment. 

Then Oliver started laughing so hard he nearly fell over.... And was quickly followed by Noah.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Sweetie, you don't even want to know." Alexis said, giving the two guys a look of irritation, yet also looked like she was trying not to laugh.

"That. Was. Priceless." Oliver said in between laughter.

"Are you done laughing yet?" I asked. 

He took a deep breath and nodded. He opened his mouth, trying to look serious, but ended up falling back into his fit of laughter while Noah hadn't even attempted to stop.

"I can't believe you actually said that to Kira. Like other chicks, yeah I can see, but Kira? I feel like if she would've known what you meant she would've slapped the crap out of you." Noah said with a grin.

"Why would you say that to other girls? If it's bad enough that I would slap you I think it would be just as bad to say to any other girl." I asked, weird feelings of jealously flowing through me even though I felt like I shouldn't be jealous over something so stupid.