Chapter 34

Kira's POV

"Sam is dead."

Sam is dead.

The words rang through my head over and over, but I couldn't seem to process them. I looked over at Oliver and saw he seemed to be going through the same thing as me.

"Do you have proof?" He asked quietly.

"Yes, the werewolves sent us photos for the proof we would need. They also said they burned the body after." Nicholas said, his voice cracking slightly.

Oliver took a deep breath in and closed his eyes.

"Nicholas, you need to leave right now." He said quietly. Nicholas left without question.

Sam is dead.

Slowly, my heart began to throb and everything seemed to become numb. I slid to my knees and wrapped my arms around myself. Once the first sob broke through, there was no stopping the rest. I couldn't move, couldn't think, and I certainly couldn't stop crying. I wasn't sure if I ever would.

Through my tears I saw Oliver walk toward me. He easily lifted me into his arms, holding me bridal style. Without hesitation I buried my face in his chest. I didn't look to see where he took me, but when he finally set me down I instantly knew I was on his bed. I looked up and I could see tears rolling down his face.

He took another deep breath and covered his face with his hands. As his breathing increased in pace, I knew he was about to go into a rage fit. I reached out and grabbed his hand.

When he looked at me with his crystal blue eyes I could see the internal battle raging within him. Finally he just got onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me. This was when I felt the first sob from him. Just the knowledge that he was crying seemed to make me cry even harder. I wasn't sure how long we stayed there, but eventually I drifted into a restless sleep, saving me from the pain I was feeling.

~When I woke up, I was aware that I had a terrible headache and that I was still in Oliver's room. I sat up when I noticed that he wasn't' present.

"He's locked us both in here." Dionysia said from across the room.

"Why?"

"I don't know for sure, but it can't be good. He also put up a strong silencer so that we can hear him and he can't hear us. I think he might've called Nicholas." She said somberly.

"What!?" I said, jumping out of the bed. I hurried over to the door and trying opening it.

"I told you he locked us in."

''This is so not good." I muttered, resting my head on the door. I didn't think I could possibly cry any more, but a few tears made their way out.

"I know how you are feeling. With your ability to see Felix, maybe you will see Sam in the future as well." Dionysia said softly.

"Maybe." I mumbled, making my way back to the bed in defeat.

"But right now we should really be hoping Oliver doesn't kill Nicholas." I added with a sigh.

This was going to be a long day.

Oliver's POV

The moment I woke up, I knew what I was going to do today. Noah was away at a meeting with my cousin and had taken Ari with him, making me the only vampire at my house. I decided it would be best to lock Dionysia with Kira in my room so that I didn't have a chance of being disturbed because I'd also locked the slaves in their rooms.

It was 15 minutes past eleven in the morning and I was seated on my couch, waiting for Nicholas to arrive. He sounded quite nervous when I was on the phone with him and I was questioning whether or not he would show up. If he had any brains at all he would.