Chapter 26

Kira's POV

"My mate." Noah said.

I gave myself a mental high-five. The second Noah and Alexis had walked in I'd known they were mates. I grinned at the two of them while Noah waited for Oliver to respond.

"Your.... mate?" Oliver asked slowly. He didn't smile as he asked. He actually narrowed his eyes in disbelief. Noah grinned and nodded, putting his arm around Alexis and pulled her close. While Noah seemed carefree, Alexis seemed on edge and bit her lip, glancing up at Oliver.

"That's amazing!" Oliver shouted, suddenly grinning. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his smile. It lit up his face. His bright blue eyes seemed somehow brighter and his entire demeanor relaxed. He ran his hand through his messy black hair that nearly reached his eyes, smoothing it back, but it flipped forward again the moment he put his arm down.

"I can't believe it!" He said, quickly walking toward the couple. He pulled Noah into a hug and Alexis took a step away, smiling gently and they slapped each others back the guys did when they hugged. When Oliver pulled back he put his hands on Noah's shoulders and gave him a quick up-down. 

"Damn, I guess that means I owe you a hundred dollars from that bet we made when we hit mating age, huh? You won; you found your mate before me." Oliver said, grin not faltering at all.

"Yeah, and I expect you to pay up." Noah said, grinning back. Oliver just rolled his eyes and let his arms drop. He looked at Alexis and slowly his smile dropped until he was giving her an annoyed look. 

She slowly took another step back, looking cautious again, but I knew Oliver was just being mean and messing around with her.

"So Alexis, do you want to tell me exactly why I haven't gotten a hug yet?" He asked, trying to keep a straight face, but he ended up breaking into a smile before he even finished the sentence. Before she could even comprehend what he'd asked he pulled her into a hug and spun her around once before letting go. I hated to admit that I got a little jealous, but felt better when I noticed Noah wince a little. He probably felt bad about being jealous that Oliver hugged her as well.

"Welcome to our whack job family. Yes, I know Noah and I aren't blood related, but we might as well be. That's Kira. She's the one who does pretty much everything and everyone loves her. She'll suck you in and you will never be able to get out. Trust me, you'll love her before the hour is up. Noah lives here, so I don't know if you were planning on moving in, or he was planning on moving out, but if you want the truth, I'd really be honored if you both stayed. I won't pressure you though; it's entirely your choice. My brother Sam is away, but he'll be visiting for the Asserily Ball in a few days, so you'll meet him then. You'll also get to meet Noah's pare-" Oliver started rambling, but I cut him off.

"Did you say that Sam was going to be here in a few days?" I asked incredulously. Slowly he turned and gave me a look that was questioning why I was interrupting him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said in a raised voice.

He shut his eyes for a moment, looking like he was trying to calm down.

"We've been over this." He said.

"Human." He pointed at me. "Sexy vampire." He then pointed at himself. 

 I gave him a super fake smile, but quickly dropped from my face.

"Oh, please forgive me Master Oliver." I said sarcastically.

"But the sexy human that's pissed because he idiot 'master' didn't tell her that her real master was going to be coming home in a few days for a ball would like to request permission to speak." I said haughtily. Before he answered I continued.

"So why didn't you tell me that Sam was visiting again?" I asked calmly, giving him a look of pretend curiosity. I heard hysterical laughter and looked over to see Felix bending over trying to catch his breath.

Do ghosts breathe?

I looked back at Oliver while he gave me a shocked look. I just returned it with a slight nod, indicating that I wanted him to answer me. I heard Noah trying to not laugh and saw that Alexis was biting her, already shaking slightly from silent laughter. 

Again Oliver shut his eyes, facial expression still showing shock. He opened his eyes and blinked several times. I accidentally took a moment to appreciate how perfect his face was and the way his eyes glinted. I flicked my eyes to his arms which were perfectly toned and muscular, but not too muscular.

Stop that! I mentally commanded myself.

Oliver turned to look at Noah and Alexis, who both immediately stood up and wiped their faces of smiles.

"I'm nice to her for like, two days, and this is what happens. That's why I'm not nice." He said, but I knew he wasn't angry. Actually, I could tell he was holding back a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, we all know you aren't mad and that you really want to smile because you know I'm sexy and won't admit it." I said, smirking slightly. A short laugh escaped Oliver and he grinned at me.

"Oh man, you are so good for Oliver it isn't even funny. He's right, you can't spend an hour with you without falling in love." Felix said, grinning at me and rolling his eyes.

"I figured when I told you that all the important vampires were going, you would figure out on you own that Sam was coming. Aren't you supposed to be smart?" He asked, smirking as well. I simply raised an eyebrow. 

He does have a point...

"Can I ask something that's completely unrelated to this topic?" Noah asked, giving me a weird look.

"Uh, yeah I guess." I answered. Again Oliver gave me a look then threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

'He wasn't even asked you!" He said.

"Don't care." I answered.

"Did you say that Kira was seeing ghosts? More specifically, Felix?" Noah asked, giving us looks like we were crazy. Oliver and I exchanged a quick glance.

"Yeah, about that....." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I've only had like an hour to type, so it's really super short, but I tried to make it a little funny, so I hope you liked it!! Better a little than nothing at all, right?

Next update will be Feb. 12th for certain! For America that is. 

Vote and Comment! If I get a lot of votes I'll make the chapter longer!!!

Love you all! ;)