The Written Exam

Rewritten as of 24OCT19

Sakura's POV

After shopping for more ninja supplies, the Samurai in the scroll suggested a change in wardrobe too.

He said that a bright red dress was too colorful for a ninja who was supposed to excel in espionage, and my hair already gave me a disadvantage, no need for my wardrobe to make me an even bigger target.

Realizing the truth to his words I grabbed a few pairs of black pants, some black leggings, long and short sleeve shirts, and a sweater. It may have been summer now but long sleeves and jackets were a good protection to some attacks. A few bandannas too were placed in my small shopping basket.

I brought my things up to the cash register to check out my items when I saw a small first aid kit on the shelves behind the cash register and asked the salesman to ring that up for me too. That would definitely come in handy, especially because I don't know how dangerous these exams are or what they will all consist of. Even if I didn't use them for the exam, with my teammates it'll be used sooner or later.

It was nearly two hours later when I finally made it home. Why did it take so long? Because a fake Sasuke came and tried to convince me not to take the exams. But I knew right away it wasn't Sasuke, because there's no way he'd ever care that much. Plus he's not the kind of person to tell someone to quit like that. His mother would have killed him for saying such a thing.

After I got inside I realized that my mom and dad still weren't home.

And they wouldn't be home till the end of the week.

They'll miss my whole exam.

'Oh well, there's not much I can do about that anyway.' I thought to myself before closing the door behind me and walked to the kitchen.

After making myself dinner and having filled out the paperwork for the Chunnin exams, I packed a few scrolls with the things I'd need for the exam and put them in my hip pouch.

I took a nice long shower before going to sleep with the sword scroll next to me, hoping for some other kind of connection with the Samurai.

Unfortunately however there was no second dream.

That might be for the best though, considering the last time I dreamt with the Samurai I woke up late enough that Kakkashi-sensei even got to the training grounds before me. I might have gotten up late again this time and might have even slept through the exams, and that would just be unacceptable.

After waking up I started getting dressed with the new clothes that I bought yesterday, a pair of black flexible leggings and a navy blue long sleeved turtleneck.

I threw my long hair into a ponytail and attached my ninja pouches to my thighs.

I slipped on my shoes and had a quick breakfast consisting of two eggs on toast, and avocado slices on top before taking off out the door and to the academy where the exams would be held.

What do you suppose the exams will be about?

I heard the Samurai ask through my mind. Still a bit unsure about how to talk to him I just decided to think my response.

Who knows. We haven't been genin for that long so whatever it is it shouldn't be too extreme that we can't perform the exams they give us.

"Sakura-chan!" I look up and see both Naruto and Sasuke waiting for my by the entrance of the building. "You changed your clothes!?"

Both boys looked confused at my change of wardrobe.

"Well yeah, I kind of figured that the red was a bit too bright and that I'd go for something a bit more unnoticeable." I explained as I fiddled with the tips of my hair that was in its ponytail.