His Name

Sakura's POV

"W-What?" I asked completely stunned.

Ibiki sighed as he repeated himself.

"I am here to train you." He said with the most serious pair of eyes. It left no room for me to doubt that that's exactly what he's here for.

"Why me? Did someone ask you?" I asked, surprise still clear in my voice.

"I wouldn't necessarily say I was asked to." He trailed off.

Lies

"More like it was suggested. After the little mishap that occurred yesterday with Red Wolf and Senbonzakura, it was decided that someone ought to teach you how to properly handle a weapon such as Senbonzakura." He explained.

"Let me guess, that burden was placed on you?" I said after a beat.

"I wouldn't call it a burden. As a matter of fact, I have no real complaints with this task." I stared at him with an odd look until he sighed.

"If this was something I truly didn't want to do, no one would have been able to make me come here to train you."

That might be true. However something still feels off about this, and we will find out about what it is. Later.

You mean...

I think you should take his offer. With all the things I'm going to teach you, it would be beneficial for you to practice on someone rather than invisible enemies.

What if he questions how I'm able to do what you've been teaching me?

The truth. He already knows I'm a spirit in a sword. He knows I can talk to you.

That's true. I guess I do have a sensei now.

I blushed a bit when I looked to Ibiki who was waiting with his eyebrow raised.

Clearly I had spaced out a bit again.

"So, when do we get started?" I said with my cheeks still red.

Ibiki only grinned.

"Right now brat." I flinched a bit as Ibiki's whole demeanor changed.

What happened to Miss Haruno?

Not sure, but hopefully he can teach you a few things on how to be more aware of your surroundings, especially when we talk in your mind.

Hopefully.

I knew my lack of awareness in my surroundings was a bit of a hinderance. But well, this ought to change a lot of that.

"Alright, show me what you got brat."

Much like Senbonzakura had taught me earlier, Ibiki made me get into a battle stance with Senbonzakura and was clearly surprised to see a difference already.

"Senbonzakura basically told me that my form was shit and explained to me how to change it, but we both think it would be beneficial for me to practice more with someone." Ibiki nodded his head, not at all surprised that I was talking to a sword.

"Well, show me what he's taught you so far."

And so, I went through a few of the moves he had told me about and in return, Ibiki gave me additional pointers.

He never fought back considering this was the first time I was putting my moves to the test.

But after the first round he made me do it again, and during our second fight he fought back a little.