Apologies, It's a Start

Rewritten as of 09NOV19

Sakura's POV

Previously;

"Sasuke, don't."

I struggled off the ground before rushing to Sasuke, accidentally tripping on the way, causing me to collide with his back and wrap my arms around him from behind so I wouldn't fall.

Sasuke snapped his head around and glared at me, almost asking me why I was trying to stop him but his anger soon died out. Instead he almost seemed to calm down.

He helped me to my feet as soon as all the marks on his skin disappeared and his Sharingan went away.

He looked like he wanted to say something but was cut off before he even got a chance to get a word out.

"What the hell happened to your guys' team!?" We both looked over and I had only just noticed that Lee was now awake and that the rest of his team was here.

When did they...?

Again, this is something we truly need to work on.

Now;

Sasuke and I looked at each other before I turned away from him. The only thing I see when I look at him is the harsh words he said just before I went off to find Naruto.

"That's none of your business Ino." I said as I slowly put Senbonzakura back in his sheath. I heard Ino gasp before growling angerly at me, I angled my head in her direction after hearing her footsteps come my way.

"What's with the attitude billboard brow!? Just because you got into one lousy fight and swung a sword around does not mean you're better than me, so you better learn to respect your superiors!" A glare soon formed on my eyebrows as I turned to face her fully, taking in a small bit of satisfaction as she took a fearful step back.

"I hope you don't mean yourself, because from where I stand we both graduated from the academy at the same time, and if I remember correctly I was above you in class ranking. So really, who's superior here?" She let out another growl before getting into a stance that made it look like she was ready to pounce on me.

"Ino don't!" Shikamaru snapped as he came forward to intervein. "You don't want to do this right now. We're in the middle of an exam where it's team against team. If you challenge Sakura you're also challenging Sasuke and Naruto." Ino seemed to consider his words before slowly backing off. And its almost as if the mention of his name had triggered something in his brain because Naruto soon started mumbling incoherently before he snapped up with his eyes wide.

"Protect the civilian born!" He shouted, causing my eye to twitch. He looked around for a few seconds, taking in the damage of the area we just battled in before he looked at the pile of hair that I had cut off and ran towards it. "Oh no! Sakura died! All that's left of her is her hair! Why!!!!" Naruto cried out dramatically before taking the strands of hair in his hands and began crying.

"Naruto, you idiot. Sakura's right here. She's fine." Sasuke said as he too had an irritated look in his eyes. Probably from Naruto being so dramatic.

Naruto snapped his head towards our direction before running to us.

"Oh thank god, I though you die- what happened to you?" Naruto asked as he soon came to a stop in front of me and took in my appearance. I'm sure I looked like I had just went through hell and back again.

"After our battle with the snake guy we both lost consciousness, Sakura had to wait until we woke back up again to do anything but she got attacked while waiting. I woke up at the end of the battle myself, but... Sakura had it handled." I tried not to show my surprise at Sasuke's words but I couldn't help it. I never thought I'd hear him say that.