Should I be crying?

I know this has taken me forever but I've had serious block for this story, sorry :(

~

"You are going to take a test now, Bradley," Dr. Miller told the younger boy, who frowned.

"Excuse me Doctor, but I was not aware of a test. I have not done the correct preparation for a test" Brad replied.

"I'm testing you on the emotions that you've been learning over this week, Bradley. You've been looking at those pictures, haven't you?" Brad nodded in confirmation. "Then you've had preparation. Now, don't worry too much about getting the answers wrong, just do your best" Dr. Miller gave Brad a kind smile and placed an A4 piece of paper in front of him, with questions on both the front and back. Brad picked up a black biro from the table he was sat at and started the test.

1) Circle the correct emotion that smiling is associated with:

-Sad
-Angry
-Happy

Smiling is associated with happiness. Brad thought, before circling the word 'Happy'.

2) Fill in the blank:

If somebody is crying, they are feeling _______

Crying is associated with being sad. Brad wrote the word 'sad' into the blank, before moving onto the next question which had him frowning.

3) Circle the correct answer:

If somebody is angry, they may be...

-Shouting
-Laughing
-Trembling

Being angry is associated with frowning. Frowning is not one of the options. Brad scratched his head slightly as he thought, trying his best to work out which one to put. It cannot be laughing, as that is associated with being happy. Therefore it must be shouting or trembling. Brad thought back to when he had asked Tristan if he was angry the previous week. Tristan had agreed he was angry, but had not shouted, indicating that trembling was the correct choice. Brad circled it, not aware that he was wrong.

At the start of the test Brad thought he could efficiently identify Sadness, Happiness and Anger, however at the end of the test he was left feeling confused. After going through the test with Dr. Miller and being told he could leave, Brad made his way back to his room. He had got 8 questions right... out of 20.
Brad sat on his bed and stared at the wall, thinking. Instinct was telling him that he should be doing something, but he didn't know what. It's almost as if he should have been reacting to his score, but his brain didn't know how.

"Hello Bradley" Tristan greeted as he walked into their shared room, in a good mood for once in his life. Tristan collapsed onto his bed and let out a sigh, before frowning and turning his head to the side to look at Brad. "Bradley?" Brad once again didn't respond to the blonde, but stared at the wall like a mindless robot. Tristan sat up and called "Bradley!" as he clicked his fingers at the brunette, who snapped out of his daze.

"I am sorry Tristan. What did you need?" Brad frowned.

"What's wrong?" the blonde asked.

"Pardon?"

"What were you thinking about?" Tristan expanded on his question, frowning at the brunette.

"My score on the test Doctor Miller set me" Brad stated.

"What about it?"

"I only got 8 out of 20, however I thought I could efficiently identify sadness, happiness and anger." Brad explained to Tristan, who was growing more curious.