I just need you to trust me

It was Christmas. Tristan forgot that Christmas was a thing, but now the day had come. He had woken up to find a pair of socks wrapped up in tacky red paper, sitting at the end of his bed. The socks weren't even that nice, they were itchy and looked like they'd been knitted by a blind old lady. He'd also unwrapped a notebook and pen (which looked like they'd come free with a magazine), a pair of gloves, a comb and a ring which had a 'T' scrabble tile on it. The 'T' was obviously meant to stand for 'Tristan', but the blonde couldn't help but replace it with 'Tacky'. Because it was. So, so tacky.
Tristan sighed and swung his legs out from under his duvet, letting his eyes meet the empty bed across the room which had been vacant for a whole week. It seemed odd now, not being annoyed every waking second, but he was getting used to it. He knew he shouldn't, seeing as if he did he would be less motivated to get Brad back, but it was nice to not be constantly asked questions for a while.
It seemed that when Doctor Miller had told him that he was having nothing to do with Bradley anymore, she was serious - Brad was no longer in his group sessions, he didn't share a room with Tris, they never ate at the same time and Tris had only seen the brunette around three times that week, even then they were all really quick glances. Brad looked really unhappy without him. Well, he looked like he normally did, but Tristan liked to think that his absence was impacting the short boy in some way, even though it was quite an egotistical thought.
There was something Doctor Miller hadn't thought of, though: The patients all had to eat at the same time for the Christmas dinner, for some stupid 'sharing the Christmas spirit' reason, and that meant that Tristan had a shot at sitting next to Brad. Tristan never thought he'd ever willingly seek out the brunette, but he wasn't surprised when he found himself surveying the canteen like a hawk, ready to swoop in and catch Brad in his talons, as if the brunette were a mouse.
"Why isn't he here yet?"

"Be patient, Tris. I bet he'll be here soon, just you wait" James replied, shoving some Quorn turkey into his mouth. Ew, vegetarian food.

"I don't think he's going to. We all had to eat at the same time, and people stopped entering the canteen ages ago" Tristan stated, his eyes once again wondering around the room, just in case he had overlooked the short boy.
But Brad never showed up to dinner.

James, Connor and Tristan made their way back to the Jonnor room afterwards and sat down on the beds, Jonnor on James' one and Tristan on Connor's. They sat there in silence for around a minute, before Tristan stood up with a huff. "You know what? I'm going to look for him"

"Tris, don't. You're going to get yourself into so much more trouble-" James protested, standing up and striding towards the blonde, who turned around to cut him off.

"James, I can't just let Miller continue ruining his life. He needs my help, no matter how fucking annoying he is. I won't leave him to be experimented on"

"Tris, think about this for a second. What are you going to do when you find him, huh? Run away?" James questioned, worried about what the boy might do without thinking his actions through. He didn't want Tris and Brad to face any horrible consequences.
"Yes" Tristan hadn't really thought about that option, but now James had said it, it seemed like the right option. Mainly just because he wanted to get his Brad- Brad. Not his Brad. Just Brad, away from Doctor Miller.
"Woah, really?"

"Yeah, if that's what it takes! They're not letting him have his emotions back, James, they're stopping him from being human and living his life. He's pretty much dead. I can't let that happen, not to him or anyone else. I know I'm an asshole, but I hate people who take away other people's lives for their own selfish gain" Tristan pulled his wrist out of James' grip and stormed towards the bedroom door, ready to find the brunette.

"Is this about Brad, or about you?" Tristan stopped in his tracks, thinking over the words James had spoken in his head. "Tristan, please just tell us what's going on in your mind, let us help you"
The blonde didn't reply for a minute, letting himself think over his story before he told it. He decided he should keep it brief.