All aboard James' bed

Not edited, mum's shouting at me to go to bed. (I still have a bedtime despite nearly being 17. I'm the only one of my mates with one, fml).

~

Connor was in James' bed. It had become a regular thing, since the night when James had told Connor about his past, but James didn't mind. In fact, on the one night when Connor wasn't in the room, (he had gone to the isolation unit to calm down, because he freaked out when a new nurse had insisted that his name was Connor when he was Davey, as she didn't know he had MPD) James found that he couldn't sleep; his bed was too big. Too cold. Too lonely. He didn't like it at all. He also missed hearing the younger boy talk - Connor would whisper words occasionally, when the two were lying together in bed, and James had longed to hear his beautiful voice that night. But, luckily, the brunette had ended up back in his arms the next night, leaving small kisses dotted around his face.
James had never considered the fact that he might like boys, mainly because he was always too scared to even think about being in a relationship with somebody, but he wasn't going to fight this part of him. He liked Connor. Connor was a boy. It didn't matter to James at all, because Connor liked and cared for him, and James liked and cared for the shorter boy in return.

Unfortunately, the usual comfort the two boys felt wasn't actually present; they were worried about Tristan. It was the middle of the night and the blonde boy was currently carrying out his plan to sneak into Doctor Miller's office. James had told Tristan not to do it, but of course the lanky boy didn't want to listen to him. Upon realising that he was going to be ignored, the sandy-blonde demanded that Tristan came straight to the Jonnor room afterwards to tell them everything that he had found out, no details spared. There wasn't any way of knowing if the blonde boy had succeeded in his quest, but James and Connor hadn't heard shouting or people rushing around, so they took that as a sign to say that the lanky boy hadn't been caught. Yet. "Do you think he's being paranoid?" The eldest boy questioned, earning a frown from Connor in response, asking him silently to elaborate. "About Doctor Miller. I mean, she's been a doctor here for ages and she can't be doing much wrong if she's managed to keep her job and help people, can she? Do you think Tris has just got it in his head that she's not doing something right, when really it's just difficult for Brad to get better?"
Connor took the question into consideration, frowning slightly to himself as he thought it through. He figured that the blonde boy could just be paranoid, but something told him that he shouldn't ignore Tristan's instinct, no matter how irrational the boy could be. He shook his head to answer James. "You don't think? Well, I guess that we can't just say he's wrong until there's proof. I'm just so worried about him, you know? I'm scared that he's going to get himself into trouble - I heard a couple of courses talking, one of them was Nurse Danielle. They were talking about him, and how his behavior record is so bad that he's going to be transferred to somewhere stricter if he pulls another 'stunt'. It's so stupid; he can't control his anger, it's not like he does anything on purpose and-" Before James could continue his rant and work himself up, Connor interrupted him by placing his lips on the older boy's. It worked, seeing as James was now way more interested in kissing than ranting.
Connor pulled away from James and stroked his forehead gently, as if to say 'stop worrying, you'll get wrinkles'. He also had a cheeky smile on his face, loving that he could so easily distract the taller boy. "Stop smirking at me, I like your kisses, okay?"
The brunette giggled slightly, blushing. "You're so adorable, Con. I'd happily just stay in this bed with you forever, and just kiss you. Again. And. Again" He pecked the boy on the lips between his words, letting the final kiss linger. Sadly, it was interrupted by a voice coming from the end of James' bed.

"Where is Tristan?" James and Connor jumped, springing apart so violently that the older one of the two had trouble staying on the bed.

"J-Jesus B-Brad! You almost g-gave us a heart attack!" James exclaimed, stammering slightly as he tried to breathe deeply to slow his racing heart.