Difficulties Sleeping (EzioxReader) (Modern AU)

This is an attempt at a cute and, I suppose you could say, fluffy type of one shot about our delicious Italian. I don't know if I'm really good at writing cute stuff, but I hope you enjoy anyway ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------

He had found it cute, at first. Then it became a source of amusement for him. It was a sense of freedom he had never experienced in previous relationships, and came as quite a...pleasant surprise. But now it was becoming near unbearable. Is this what all those other women felt when HE refused them what they so desperately desired?

Ezio's fingers strummed restlessly atop the comforter. Hazel eyes watched, unblinking, as the glowing red digits flicked from 12:46 to 12:47.

He couldn't understand what the problem was. Didn't women crave this sort of thing? Surely he couldn't be the only one in this relationship that wanted it.

A sleeping form occupying the space beside him shifted, pulling the blankets further up to their neck. Ezio turned his head to stare at the beautiful woman beside him, pursing his lips, and narrowing his eyes slightly at her back. Your back.

You couldn't even bother to face him!

Ezio chewed his bottom lip, contemplating his next course of action. There had to be some way, a discreet way, to get what he wanted from you. Carefully twisting his upper body, he pushed himself onto his elbow, and craned his neck, attempting to catch a glimpse of your face. You were fast asleep.

Good.

Taking a chance, Ezio slowly edged himself across the mattress, careful not to disturb you, until his chest made, barely noticeable, contact with your back. Then, with his face contorting into pure concentration, he slowly raised his arm up and over your sleeping form, and then-

"What are doing, Ezio?"

Swiftly retracting his arm, Ezio was just as quick to spit out a lie. "Ah, cara mio, you startled me. I'm sorry, I did not mean to wake you. I was just...um, admiring your beauty."

Flicking on the bedside lamp, you rolled over on your back, (colour) eyes narrowing as you stared up at him. Face reddening, his hazel eyes glided away as he shifted uncomfortably beneath your silent scrutiny. He didn't know how, but somehow you could always tell when he was lying, even when he remained silent. And all it took in order to get him to spill his guts, was your incessant staring. It was...unnerving, to say the least.

"Merda," Ezio swore softly, pushing himself into a sitting position. "How do you do that?"

"It's a gift we females possess." Rubbing the sleep from your eye, you sat up with him. "Now, what were you really doing?"

There was no wriggling out of it now.

"Bene, if you must know," he fiddled with edge of the comforter. "I was...trying to hug you."

"...Hug...me?" You repeated the words as if they were foreign, blinking slowly. You were, in no way, a cuddly person. Not at night, anyway.

"Si. Hug you. Hold you. Cuddle you. I want you to be in my arms as we sleep." Ezio raised his arms slowly, almost cautiously, as though one wrong move will cause you to flee. "Now I'm going to hug you, and you're going to accept my love." Looking for any signs of fear or rejection, he quickly wound his arms around your body, pulling you close.

"Ezio," you sighed, slipped out of his arms, clicked off the light, and flopped back down onto your pillow. What has gotten into him? "I've had a real long day, and all I wanna do is get some sleep. We can hug all day tomorrow. I promise."