[PROMPT] I'm Not Jealous (Connor~)

There's already so many requests for prompts~!!!  That makes me very happy! I am excited about writing them up for you guys - and I will be writing EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

“I'm not jealous.”

Connor avoids all possible means of eye contact whilst repeating the phrase for the tenth time in the past four days. But he was angry. You could tell by the tightening of muscles in his jaw and rigidness of broad shoulders as he stalks towards the practice dummy in the middle of the room; you could have sworn that you heard incensed muttering in his native tongue but it was difficult to be sure due the fact that his back was turned to you.

His gloved fists connect with the dummy. One, two, three, in quick succession. The wooden post keeping the dummy standing upright is close to splintering – you doubt it will last much longer under such unremitting savagery.

“Is this about Norris?” You enquire, laying a cautious hand upon the taut muscles of his back.

As anticipated, the Assassin whirls on you like a frightened dog on the defensive – all that was missing were the bared fangs. You don't recoil or falter. Instead you hold his gaze, unwavering, until he calms down enough to register his own behavior.

A mixture of embarrassment and shame flicker across those perfectly sculpted features. “Sorry.” He eventually mumbles, hanging his head and toeing the ground. Even after all these months of being together, he still remains awkward in your presence, reluctant to give voice to whatever may be causing him trouble.

Stepping forward, your arms encircle his waist. He allows you to pull him closer until the front of your bodies were pressed snuggly together, but still he neglects to provide the proper attention you sought from him. “Connor, look at me.”

It takes a few seconds of inspecting every single inch of the room with mock interest before those beautiful brown pools settle on your smiling face; there is a fire deep within those eyes, pain deeply embedded within the contours of his face.

“Why are you burdened by such sorrow?” You caress the faintly freckled skin of his cheek with the back of your hand, receiving immense enjoyment at the sight of content smoothing out his features. “After so many months of possessing my heart and soul why, now, would I rip them from your grasp?”

Expecting the normal tenderness normally given by the Native Assassin, you're taken aback when he fixes you with an angry, pointed stare. “Why ask a question when you are already aware of the answer?” He indicates his appearance, fury burning beneath his lashes. “You know what Achilles said; it is better to be thought of as a Spaniard or Italian than a Native.”

Ah, so that was the problem.

Everything makes perfect sense now that you were aware of the reason behind his tetchiness these past few days; you had just naturally assumed this recent behavior was due to the recent assassination of William Johnson.

The thought of this beautiful, pure, kind spirited man being so self-loathing was truly heartbreaking. It made you want nothing more than to hug and wrap him up so that everything bad in the world wouldn’t be able to hurt him.

You cup his cheeks and force him to look at you. “And do you truly believe my heart could be swayed by something as inconsequential as heritage?”

The string of beads complimenting his braid taps delicately against his cheekbone as he lowers his head. “I saw you with Norris.” He admits, a broken whisper. “On the bridge leading away from the Homestead. Embracing.”

“Connor,” you can’t help but let the tiniest of laughs escape, “for an Assassin, I expected better from you.”

He is clearly offended by your words – or the fact that you laughed – but you clamp a hand over his mouth before he could utter a sound.

“That embrace you witnessed was merely a gesture of gratitude; Norris had hopes of courting Myriam, but the man was going about it the wrong way. Instead of gifting her with flowers, I suggested a hunting knife. Needless to say it worked.”

Connor blinked.

You blinked in return, awaiting his response.

It finally registers and his cheeks inherit a lovely shade of pink. You want to laugh at the adorably embarrassed, yet relieved, expression on his face, but you control yourself.

He casts his gaze downwards and murmurs, “You must think me foolish.”

“No, my darling, I don’t think you foolish at all.” You provide a comforting smile. “In retrospect, I probably should of discussed this with you, but I never like to bother you with such trivialities.”

Connors muscular arms encircle your waist, a slight possessiveness in his touch. You don’t mind though. You understood he would still need a bit of time to completely overcome his jealously, and you were more than willing to prove your loyalty.