Who's Teaching Who Here? (Jacob x Reader)

After several attempts, I finally managed to download the Jack the Ripper DLC for Syndicate.

And oh my god...

It has to be one of the best DLC's I have ever had the pleasure of playing. My only complaint was that it was too short. There was so much more which could have been done, like...a full length game, perhaps? (Wishful thinking, yes)

Anywho, enough rambling. This was requested by That_Norwegian_Girl

Hope this lives up to your expectations, my dear~

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Why did I agree to this?

The pair of black thick-rimmed glasses were lifted from the bridge of your nose for the seventh time in the past hour so the lenses could be cleaned in the sleeve of your Aran sweater. They did not need to be cleaned, but it was an unbreakable habit which had been adopted a few years ago whenever exasperation struck.

And right now, well...

Perhaps it was a touch unfair to expect miracles from your inattentive new pupil - after all, he sought your aid for a reason - but after two hours of providing an abundance of knowledge apropos to the topic of literature, was it idiotic to assume that even the most microscopic of specks may possibly have been absorbed by this infuriatingly handsome individual?

"Are you even listening to me, Jacob?"

The youngest of the Frye twins ceases the incessant gnawing of his fingernails to stare at you with comically wide eyes, almost as though he hadn't anticipated being called upon for answers despite being the only other person in the room.

"Uh..."

As suspected, he had the attention span of a gnat.

"Something about that Shakespeare chap, right?"

You suppress the desire to sigh whilst watching as he scrambles to organize his notes; though such an action was fruitless seeing as how he has neglected to write a single word since the beginning of the lesson.

A deep breath is needed in order to prevent the brewing vexation from boiling over. A good - no, great - teacher never blames the student for failing to learn what is being taught. Perhaps it was time to take a different approach?

"Perhaps a more...hands on approach will help you better understand." You take on a friendlier tone. "Let's read a few lines and see how we go."

Opening your own immaculately kept copy of Hamlet to the designated page, you prepare to re-enact a scene between Lady Ophelia and her lover Hamlet. Yet a glance in Jacob's direction reveals his mind is currently occupied by something else.

"What are yo--?"

The question dies upon your lips when Jacob withdraws a hand from underneath your bed, a brightly illustrated, paper-backed opus clutched between strong fingers.

Paralysed, all you can do is sit and watch with a boggle-eyed look of guilt and horror as the provocative novel is turned over in his palms, a small frown creasing his brows as he studies the cover for a tense couple of seconds. One thick, scarred brow is raised, an almost surprised look crossing his features.

"What do we have here?"

There is a playful edge to his tone as a pair of mesmerizing hazel orbs detract from the explicit title to connect with your own terribly guilty gaze. He flips through the yellowing pages of the offending book, humiliating you further by stopping on an unmistakably vivid illustration.