There are only so many chances...(EdwardXReader)

I know it took awhile, but I have finally finished, and I hope it is to your satisfaction, my lady~

----------------------------------------------------------

Jealousy.

A hideous, green-eyed monster whose talons have embedded themselves rather severely into the taut muscles of your back. And why not? It had managed to sniff out the perfect victim to sink its fangs into. Jealousy practically oozed from your pores, which only served to decrease the already ill morale of the crew. Those smart enough steered clear whenever they noticed your approach, but still there remained some imbecilic enough to wander carelessly into the suffocating aura of bitterness which has taken to surrounding you as of late; it does not bode well for those poor bastards.

Out of all the people aboard this godforsaken tub, why did you have to lust after the one man that isn't the least bit interested? In every port, many a man has approached with the desire that you will accept their invitation and accompany them back to their private quarters - an invitation which has been accepted many a time. But when it comes to the Captain, there isn't a single inkling which suggests he may want to someday invite you into his personal cabin. Why? It is not as though you haven't made your desires known. Hell, everyone aboard was aware of the lecherous thoughts taking up residency within the deepest recesses of your mind.

"Still salivatin' over the Cap'n like a bitch in heat, eh?"

The one responsible for such a sniggering jest believed he was being funny; he doesn't laugh as much now that he's in the infirmary.

After days of bobbing around the ocean, you give the order to haul anchor when at last reaching the beautiful isle of Nassau. The water, cerulean and pellucid, displaying the flittering shadows of creatures that live below the surface. The sand, dipped in gold and stretching as far as the eye could see. Palm trees are lined in serried rows, their strikingly palmate leaves providing shelter from the blistering heat of the sun. A reminiscent smile dances upon your lips at the sight. It had been the day of your seventh birthday when you first set foot upon the island. The population had been scarcer then, leaving very little entertainment for a seven year old girl, and your father had been much too busy with work to waste on supervising the actions of a child. Regardless, this was your home, and you adored it.

You barge into the Captain's cabin without bothering to herald your arrival, damn near gagging upon witnessing the Captain and newly appointed Quartermaster engaging in something lascivious.

Sweet fuck. Next time you'll find the patience to announce yourself.

Anne Bonny angles her head back over her shoulder to peer at you, plainly unabashed despite her current position. It crosses your mind whether or not she actually held an attraction for the Captain, or if this was merely an act of spite seeing as how her eyes had never lingered on his swaggering figure for more than a brief second.

She offers a smile but you are unwilling to reciprocate.

Edward appears from between Anne's legs, and it is apparent by the sudden expansion of his eyes that he was startled by your unexpected appearance.

"Don't you know how to knock, (L/N)?"

Guilt drips from the words rather than the irritation you had anticipated - though why he is burdened with guilt is beyond you. He abruptly stands tall and readjusts his rumpled clothing, grumbling incoherently beneath his breath.

Meanwhile, you're busy occupying yourself with admiring the interior of the cabin; anything to deter from the irrefutable awkwardness currently taking up refuge within the rum and smoke scented room. Nautical charts and maps of far off places are strewn across every surface. He has all manner of equipment; telescopes, octants, barometers, and logbooks. A few curios lie on shelves and empty rum bottles cover just about every surface. Even a bed is tucked away in the corner, portioned off from the main area with the captains sleeping quarters - yet him and Bonny still found need to use the desk.