Under the Mistletoe

Hiya everyone! I just wanted to apologise for my lack of updating! I've been real busy with Uni, and moving house. Now I'm on vacation and I've become obsessed with RP'ing lately, so I got distracted *blush*. But I am back, and am ready to get writing again! I wanted to upload this yesterday but for some reason I couldn't...but here it is! MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The snow had begun to fall just as the sun had risen that day; the day before Christmas. For the first half-hour it drifted down slowly, as gentle as swan feathers. But soon it became thicker and heavier, bits of sleet mixed in to create a sharp sheet of chilling ice.

And now, at 8:34 PM, you stood, ankle-deep in pure white snow, an invitation clutched tightly between your gloved fingers. Pulling down your (colour) woolen beanie over your ears, you trudged up the pathway of the Kenway mansion, careful not to slip on hidden patches of ice, and rang the doorbell.

A puff of white breath left your lips as you pulled your coat tighter around your body. Why you even accepted the invitation, you had no idea. It’s not as though you were much of a party person. Still, the Kenway’s were kind enough to have even invited you at all, so it would be rude not to at least drop by and wish them a Merry Christmas. Only for a few minutes though.

The door swings open, revealing a slightly intoxicated Edward Kenway. His lazy, lopsided smile widens at the sight of you. Resting his weight causally against the burgundy door frame, one polished boot folded over the other, he folds his tattooed covered arms across his chest.

“Well, hello.” He leans forward slightly, a seductive smirk crossing his face. “You must be that stripper-gram I ordered.”

A hot flush exploded across your face, “W-what?!”

Sea-green orbs travelled the length of your body, slowly, appraisingly, and you found yourself wrapping your arms around your midsection, attempting to shield yourself from his prying eyes.

“They sent a beauty this time,” he commented, voice drenched with approval.

Waving your hands wildly, you were quick to correct his mistake, “N-no, you’re mistaken. I’m not a...stripper.” You lowered your voice at the end, fearful that someone else might be listening.

Edward lowered his voice as well, a smile playing on his lips, “I know.”

“You...know?” You blinked. “Then, why?”

“I was only teasing, lass,” he chuckled, stepping aside and gesturing for you to enter. With a bashful smile you stepped inside, wiping your snow covered soles on the mat. “It’s (Y/N), right?”

Edward shut the door and offered to take your coat. “Yes, that’s right. Thanks for inviting me.” He helped you out of your coat and hung it by the door alongside multiple other coats, which you imagine belong to the other guests.

“My pleasure. Come on, the party’s this way.” He gestured for you to follow him.

The further you walked, the more you gawked. To say the house was beautiful would have been an understatement. It was beautifully decorated, with old, very expensive portraits hanging on the walls, busts sitting atop wooden tables, and exquisitely carved trimmings separating the dark walls from the ceiling and floor. Stairs curled upward, the railing as elegant as the trimming. Your shoes created a loud click with each step taken on the well polished wooden floorboards. The doors were just as magnificent as the rest of the building, and laughter and music grew louder the closer the both of you came to the end of the hall.

With a grin, Edward pushed open the double oak doors, allowed you to enter first, then sauntered in behind you.

This room was even more stunning than the rest of the house, the Christmas decorations having added a cosy, magical atmosphere. A tall Christmas tree was situated in the corner, red and gold balls and trinkets dangling from the branches, warm white twinkling lights peeking through the ornaments, and an angel, watching over the room from her place atop the tree.