All Assassin's (AU)

Dedicated to @meatbunhun

Hope you all enjoy this chapter! ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mud-stained soles of brown leather boots created low and steady thumps with each step taken upon the rotting floorboards. Pews were unceremoniously shoved up against the imposing stone walls. Specks of dust danced almost gracefully in whatever light managed to force itself through grime covered windows. Scattered across the floorboards were various upturned crates and partially damaged barrels, the remains of packaging suggesting this church was once occupied by those desperate to escape the life threatening chill of Winter.

Haytham Kenway treads carefully across the floor, occasionally stooping to overturn crates in disillusioned hope of discovering the whereabouts of Benjamin Church; the man sordid enough to betray the Order he was once sworn to.

The massive oak doors creaked ominously as they were pushed inwards. Haytham froze for a fraction of a second before deciding it best to take to the rafters, seeking to avoid the prying eyes belonging to the Native Assassin now standing tall in the doorway: Connor Kenway.

Just as the Templar Grand Master had done mere moments before, Connor wafted through the abandoned church with the intent to discover clues regarding the whereabouts of Benjamin Church; though both men shared the same goal, their reasons were exceedingly different.

The Grand Master’s eyes remained fixated on the young Assassin, silently critiquing the way he paced about the floor, searching the same crates just as he had done, and coming up empty handed, just as he had done also.

The young Native turned his back. Now was the perfect time to strike.

With a near inaudible snick, Haytham engaged the hidden blade strapped to his forearm and leapt from the rafters. Connor spun on his heel, but at a second too late, and found himself pinned to the ground, the tip of a hidden blade held threateningly against his neck.

“Father,” Connor said simply, chocolate orbs narrowing ever so slightly.

“Connor,” Haytham flashed a sardonic smile. “Any last words?”

A set of chocolate coloured orbs flickered angrily from the blade to the aging face of his father hovering above his own. “...Be gentle,” the young Assassin requested, lips twitching faintly in amusement.

Haytham pursed his lips in a desperate attempt to keep his laughter contained, but the urge became too strong to resist, and he backed away with a snort. “You’re such a little shit.”

Connor sat up with an adorable laugh, which only worked to make Haytham laugh even harder.

“CUT!!!” Your voice sliced through their laughter like a freshly sharpened blade. “Bloody actors,” you mumbled bitterly beneath your breath, the crumpled script escaping your possession and falling to the ground.  “Connor, darling, this is the last time I’m going to tell you: Stick to the script.”

The young Native offered an apologetic smile. “Sorry, (Y/N). I went blank and gave voice to the first thing that sprung to mind. Won’t happen again.”

Oh how you wished you could have believed those words.

Shifting uncomfortably in the director’s chair, you signalled for the cameras to begin rolling once more. “Alright, gentlemen, let’s skip ahead to the scene ‘Father and Son’. You both are on the rooftops of New York, yadda, yadda, yadda...and action!”