Chapter 1

Nathalia's P.O.V

Nathalia Hendrickson,that's my name...I think...my parents died in a car accident when I was 6, since then I've been in foster care.

I'm 18 years old now, it's been 12 years since the accident happened...12 years I've been alone.

I don't have that many memories of my childhood.

Probably that's because of trauma.

I got it since I was adopted by a family.

Which are the Curtis'.

They adopted me at the age of 12.

At first they we're really nice to me,probably because every week a social worker would visit,this went on till a month,this is to check if the family was treating me well.

Since they were nice to me they allowed the Curtis Family to adopt me.

But they didn't went to change my name to Nathalia Curtis because they said it's a thing I should hold on to.

So they respected the decision of the Curtis'.

They finally we're able to adopt me.

All was going well,till they decided to stop the act.

The family had 3 members.

Mr.Curtis also known as Bruno;the father.

Gregor Curtis;his son.

And me their slave.

I was raised to be their servant.

They barely fed me.

Sometimes I'm able to eat from they're scraps so I get to eat once a day but if they lock me up on the basement I'm lucky if I'll be able to eat 3 times a week.

I'm only able to bathe 2 times a week.

It's not that I don't want too,but they said I'd be wasting water on cleaning something that would never be clean.

They think of me lower than a rat.

Like I don't deserve to live free.

"Hey you bitch!"Bruno yelled.

I just looked to his direction.

Unable to speak and trembling In fear.

"Answer when I call you!"he yelled.

"Y-yes s-sir??"I asked in a quivering voice.

"Bring me some beer quickly!"he said.

I quickly moved to the kitchen, to the fridge. I got some beer and quickly went back to the sofa Bruno was seating at he barely does anything else but watch TV all day, smoke or gamble that's it. Oh and drink.

He grabbed it but threw it making it shatter into pieces in the floor.

"Get me another one!"he yelled at me.

I got some cuts because of the broken glass and It started bleeding. These instances is common...there are more worst cases for me. This is just one of the gentlest things he does.

I checked the fridge to see if we still have some beer.

But there's none left...

I went back to the living room.

"W-we d-don't have anymore b-beer"i said softly.

"You useless piece of crap!! Use your brain! Go buy some!!!"he yelled.

I was arguing with myself if I should ask him for money so I stood still. He also beats me. There was this case that he got home drunk maybe he lost in a casino so he was fuming mad when he got home so he ended up beating me up to satisfy his anger. I ended up with a bleeding head.

I snapped out when he suddenly yelled.

"What are you still doing there standing!?!?"He yelled.

"Y-you haven't g-given me any m-money yet"I said.

He reached for his pocket. But I think he doesn't have money anymore as I said he always gambles. And I was right he doesn't have money.

He fumes out in anger.

Nathalia's P.O.V

"What do you need?"he said removing his arm and looking at me.

"Y-your f-father w-wanted to ask y-you for m-money." I said softly.

"I don't have any,I got fired from my job" He said.

He sat up from his bed.

"I-i'm sorry" I said.

He tapped the space beside him.

"Come sit here" He said.

I hesitantly went next to him and sat.

"I'm sorry if my father is always mistreating you"he said.

"I-it's okay a-atleast I have a home to s-stay in" I said.

He held my hand and kissed it.

"Still I'm sorry if I can't do anything about it"He said.

"It's o-okay"I said.

He smiled and let go of my hand.

"I g-gotta go y-your father w-would b-be mad if I t-took too long"i said.

I stood up and went out of his room.

I went to the living room.

"Hey you! where's my beer huh?!?"he yelled.

"G-greg said he d-doesn't have m-money"I said.

He stood up and suddenly grabbed me by my hair.

"A-aaaaah p-please stop"I begged.

"You worthless bitch since you got here things got worst!!!"he yelled as he slapped me hard right on my cheek.

And as a result of not being able to eat and sleep properly his slap made me flee to the floor.

I felt blood oozed through my nose and the stinging pain in my cheek.

"You should have made a way to make money! you worthless b*tch!!!"he yelled.

I held my tears as I gently held my cheek. His slap was enough yo knock me out cold. But probably my body got used to the beatings and it got used to being abused that sometimes I just feel numb.

I hissed because of the pain.

"You worthless b*tch! your not gonna sleep until you clean the whole house again do the laundry then iron the clothes or sweep the floor!"he yelled.

"B-but it's a-already 11 p.m."I said.

He grabbed my hair and pulled it backwards.

"I.Don't.Care!!! Finish what I told you to do!" He yelled.

He went to his bedroom and I was left alone. My knees slowly gave up on me making me hit the floor and my tears flowed.

I sobbed silently cause I know if Bruno hears me he would punish me. I quickly went down to the basement and started washing the clothes.

My hands were red and has cuts so stings while I scrub the cloth, Suddenly I felt a hand on my back.

I quickly turned to see who it is.

"Sorry did I scare you?" Greg said.

"N-not m-much" I said.

"What are you still doing up at this time?" He asked.

"Y-your father g-gave me a p-punishment for d-disobeying"I said.

"Oh...go sleep I would cover for you okay" He said smiling.

I felt a little bit of care from him, but little do I know. I can't trust anyone besides myself from now on.