Chapter 24

Alex's P.O.V

*Conversation with his Father*

Phone rings

"Hello?" I answered.

"Someone told me that you got her."

"Father?" I asked.

"So my insolent son still knows the sound of my voice." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I heard from my connections that there is a girl staying in that mansion of yours and that someone is very very familiar to our family." He stated.

I was lost of words to say. Well what did I expect. I should have known better that he would find out any time sooner.

"Well done son! I'm very proud of your achievement!" He stated laughing with low voice.

Proud? So he knew that word after all. From years of torment under his care. It's been decades since I heard him praise me like this.

"Thanks." I replied.

I didn't know what to do. I was torn between making my father proud or doing the right thing and following my heart.

"I'll come there for a visit. Any time soon I'm just arranging some things before leaving." He stated.

"Finally, I could avenge the death of your mamma. We could now let them feel what it felt when I lost her."

I just stood there silent not knowing what to say. My father is known for the heinous crimes he has committed ever since my mother died.

Every single crime is definitely worse than last one.

That's why we had a reputation that's not be messed with. All because of him we became untouchable. Even the higher officials know that.

"I'll be awaiting for your visit." I replied.

"Ben fatto figlio Mio." He said then ended the call.

I then heard a loud crash. I ran to the door to see who was it but no one was there. Just a broken vase.

I talked to Nathalia and everything seemed normal. I was relieved that it wasn't her who overheard the conversation. But who was it?

Nathalia's P.O.V

I woke to the noise of someone talking.

"Le assomiglia Cosi tanto! Forse lei è lei." A lady's voice said.

Then I heard a few men spoke.

"Perché le hai sparato?!"

"Io non! La stavo aiutando."

"Aiutarla? Ha avuto la feria da te!"

I can't understand them I think they're speaking in Italian?

"Hey hey! Lei è sveglia." A guy said pointing at me.

I looked around the room and saw a few men a lady was encircling me.

"Come to senti?" The lady said as she sat beside my bed.

I just looked at her not comprehending what she said.

"How are you feeling?" She repeated.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in our home." She stated.

"Don't worry your safe. At least from us. I don't know about the guy who wounded you." A man said.