Chapter 20

Alex's P.O.V.

I was in my room when I suddenly woke up not having the ability to breathe. My eyes were tearing up and I saw a shadowy figure on top of me choking me on my neck.

I desperately tried to stop him as I kept on hitting him with my hands but then due to the lack of oxygen my hits turned into gentle carresses.

"P-please st-top... can't b-reatheee." I pleaded.

He suddenly shoved me off and stood up.

"How pathetic you can't even protect yourself?" The shadowy figure stated.

As he went afar I saw his face under the moon light.

It was my father...

I kept on coughing and wheezing finally being able to breathe. Tears brimmed my eyes. Confused if it was because of lacking oxygen or lacking of his affection.

"I can't entrust someone as pathetic as you to run the business." My father spat.

He turned to a cold hearted and ruthless man after my mother's burial. That was the last time at the least I saw an emotion on his eye other than coldness or hatred.

During that day I saw a year fell from his eye as he threw a flower.

I just stood there by his side trying to hold back my emotions.

He told me that any form of showing your true emotion can be turned as a weakness against you. That is why you must trust no one.

*End of FLASHBACK*

I woke up to a lick on my cheek. I opened my eye and saw devy on top of me.

*Art arf arrrrf*

"Alright alright I'm getting up." I said as I got up and wore a shirt.

As I went down I hear their voices.

They were all sitted at the bar watching Natalia prepare breakfast.

"Hi there. Good Morning, didn't want to wake you up so you could get some proper sleep." Nathalia said.

I went behind her and hugged her. I rested my chin on top of her head.

My safe haven.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. I just missed you." I replied.

"Jeeeez man get some space! Seriously there's a kid here!" Harry yelled as he covered devy's eyes.

Harry walked out with devy leaving me and Nathalia in the kitchen. Nathalia just laughed at him as he walked out.

"Do you want any specific thing for breakfast?" Nathalia asked while flipping the eggs.

"You." I whispered on her ear as I bit on her ear lobe.

I could feel her goosebumps. I just laughed at her cuteness.

I bent down and kissed her cheek.

"I'm kidding. I'll have anything as long as it's on you... I mean as long as you made it." I said as I winked at her and left.

Her face was all flushed up too cute for her own good.

I went to the table and saw Harry petting devy.

"Seems like he's warming up to you more and more everyday." I said.

"That's true although I could still remember him chasing me around the house trying to bite a chunk of me." Harry replied.