Chapter 9

Nathalia's P.O.V

I woke up and sun rays we're peeping through the blinds of the room. The blue walls...wait blue walls? My room doesn't have blue walls.

I hear someone grunting beside me. I looked beside me and saw Alex by my side with his arm hugging me close to him. I love his presence beside me it gives me a sense of safety whenever I'm close to him

Oh no...

What time is it?

I stood up immediately but then I got a bit dizzy due to standing up so quickly.

Alex grunted and rubbed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" he said.

"Uhmm Getting up?" I said unsure of what to say.

"It's still early come back to bed" he said sitting up in bed.

"It's already 9:30 Alex" I said slipping on my slippers.

"Sh*t I'm late. I haven't slept this long I overslept I have a meeting on 10" Alex said running to the bathroom.

"Uhmm today's Sunday Alex. You sure you have work today" I said unsure.

He slowly got out of the bathroom and he's face was unexplainable. It made me smile though. No emotion can fit the reaction In his face.

"Oh...is that so? Still I have a meeting in the afternoon" He said breathing out a breath of relief.

After that he went out of the room but before he went out he told me that I could use his bathroom to get ready and to follow him downstairs to eat.

I went downstairs and saw Alex reading a newspaper while drinking coffee.

"Uhmm Good Morning Alex" I said.

"Good Morning, So how was your sleep?"he asked looking at me.

"I'm sorry that I fell asleep in your bed last night"I said looking down.

"No its okay. I saw you last night you were out cold that's why I let you sleep I didn't have the heart to wake you up you look so peaceful"He said.

"Uhmm I....I'm sorry that ivslept beside you I guess I was so tired that I just fell asleep"He said holding his nape.

"Oh uhmm it's okay it's ny fault that I fell asleep in your bed it's your right to sleep in your bed"

"Are you hungry? I haven't asked the maids to prepare breakfast for us."He said.

"Oh it's okay. I can cook for us"I said smiling at him.

"You can cook?" He asked.

"Of course, I've learned to be independent since I was young. You know my mother used to-...Yes...I can"

I can't believe that I almost told him about my life...

I think I'm starting to trust him.

Is that a good sign?

"Nath?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, Stay there while I make us something to eat. I'll be quick" I said.

He nodded and sat on the chair and just continued reading the newspaper.

I just went silently in the kitchen and started preparing. I decided to make pancakes for us since it's quick to make and delicious to add. I started to look for flour,eggs,milk,butter,cinnamon and etc. I like to add cinnamon cause I like it's aroma and the flavor it adds. It's a good thing I know my way in his kitchen.

I decided to cook some bacon and fix our coffee. There's a certain blend that Me and my mom made. When I was young I would help her prepare our breakfast. But then-.

"Nath?"

It's Alex. He was standing by the door.

"Oh...uhmm are you hungry? I just finished sorry if I took so long" I said as I lowered down my head.

I remembered when I was with my uncle. Whenever I got a second late In preparing breakfast he would lock me up and won't give me food.

"Hey Hey Nath? Are you there?" I snapped back to reality and found Alex waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh yeah yeah. I'm sorry what were you saying Alex?"

"Is there a problem? You know I can help Nath" He said looking concerned.

"No no it's nothing. Nothing you should worry about" I said slightly smiling at his concern.

"Oh okay then. So can I help you with anything?" He asked smiling at me.

"You can bring those plates and the bacon. I'll follow you after I'm done."

He followed what I said and went out of the kitchen. After a few minutes I followed him at the table. He wasn't eating yet.

"Oh hey c'mon let's eat"

Honestly, I'm not yet used to eating with someone. I got used to eating all alone. I sat down 2 chairs away from him.

"Hey I don't bite you know?" He said slightly chuckling.

I hesitated but I thought about it he's been nice to me since I stayed here. He haven't beat me up he's been all nice and sweet. And I'm really starting to trust him. I hope my judgement won't do me harm.

"There isn't it better?" Alex said.

"Mhmm" I just hummed my answer.

Then he started putting pancakes on my plate then on his and I just stayed put on my seat.

"You know you can move. I won't do you any harm. Your free to do anything here." He said holding my hand.

"Okay." I replied.

He started eating but I just kept on looking at him. I wonder if he likes my cooking. It seems that he noticed that I'm staring at him. He lifted his head up and met my gaze.

"Hahaha if your wondering if your cooking tastes good don't worry it tastes great." He said as he smiled brightly.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked suddenly.

"Hmmm? Hahaha so I was right you were thinking that." He laughed.

I lowered down ny head blushing obviously from embarrassing myself.

"It's okay hahaha. You always know how to make me laugh and be fascinated by you." He said as he drank coffee.

I started eating. I really enjoy having his presence.

"Mmm. This coffee is delicious. Is this your own blend?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well, this is the best coffee that I've ever had"

I'm glad that he likes it.