Chapter 18

Alex's P.O.V.

"Nat?" I called whilst I knock on the door.

I twisted the knob and peeked.

Nathalia wasn't in her room where could she be. I got out of the room when someone hugged me from behind.

"I knew it, it is you. I missed you."

I quickly turned to see it was Nathalia smiling. I pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead.

"It's late why aren't you sleeping yet?" I asked.

"I couldn't sleep I was worried on what might happen to you guys. Plus I was waiting for someone to call me and tell me what was happening but it seems like you've all forgot about me..." Nathalia said as she lowers down her head.

I gently held her chin and lifted her head up and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry angel we were just too caught up in the situation." I hugged her tightly.

I felt her hugged me back tightly.

"How about I sleep with you tonight? How does that sound hmm?" I asked.

She nodded her head.

We went inside her room and got into her bed.

"We are in danger and I don't want you getting hurt that's why I...-"

Nathalia laid her head on my chest.

"I love you."

I looked at her in shock.

I was truly lost for words at that moment.

I just kept on staring at her. Just like time froze and I got stuck under her gaze.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked.

Maybe I was just hearing things?

She then fixed her position so she was facing me.

She closed her eyes and slowly went closer to me. Couldn't help but close my eyes and lean back in.

I felt our lips touched sending sparks and gave me chills down to my spine. Her lips are so soft just as I remembered it to be.

"I said I-love-you..." She slowly whispered in my ear.

I held her by her nape and pulled her into a kiss again. I gently moved my lips in sync with her.

"I love you too Angel." I said as we pulled away from our kiss.

"Never leave me promise? I'm tired of people hurting me and if not they end up leaving me. It hurts getting attached to someone who is temporary. Specially if you want that person to be a part of your future. So promise me. Promise me whatever happens we'll make it through." She said as those brown orbs stare at me.

"I promise Angel. I'll always be here for you. I'll do the best that I can to fix things. I'll always be here to protect you and make sure that you are the happiest of the happiest that you could ever be." I said to her as I grabbed her hand and gave it a light kiss.

"Now you should sleep. I know you're tired you're eyes are saying so." I said to her and gave her forehead a kiss.

She nodded and cuddled closer to my chest. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Can you sing for me?" She asked.

Nathalia's P.O.V.

"Okay but you have to sleep right after I finish singing? Or better sleep right away if you feel sleepy." Alex answered.

"Okay you'd sleep here right?" I asked while hugging him.

"Yes I'll be your side when you wake up now close your eyes." He said as he kissed my temples.

I closed my eyes as I cuddled to his chest closer letting his scent wrap around me.

I heard him clear his throat and he started singing.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath

Emeralds from mountains and thrust towards the sky

Never revealing their depth

Tell me that we belong together

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above." His voice was so melodious.

"I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love suicide

I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life." I feel his fingertips playing with my hair and feels so calming.

"And rain falls angry on the tin roof

As we lie awake in my bed

You're my survival, you're my living proof

My love is alive and not dead

Tell me that we belong together

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

Slowly I felt my consciousness fading. His voice was so comforting I can feel myself getting more and more sleepy every word and I just felt safe in his arms last thing I felt was a kiss in my cheek.

Alex's P.O.V.

"Tell me that we belong together

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above." I felt her body eased up.

She fell asleep, I kissed her cheek and fixed the blanket around her. I just stared at her and played with the strands of her hair.

I was feeling a little parched so I slowly got out of bed a placed a pillow beside Nathalia. I carefully opened the door and went out. I noticed that door in my office was ajar.

I cautiously went closer and went in. I examined the whole room nothing seemed to be disarrayed. Except for the picture frame in my desk. I picked it up.

It was a picture of my family and my childhood friend's family.

It reminded me of the pain that my past hides. Everything was going so well we were happy but then something happened and all things changed for me, my family and her family too.

From then on my father taught me to never fully trust anyone even him. My childhood still haunts me every night.

I know that no child ever deserves that kind of childhood, but what can I do? I don't have anyone I could run to.

Ever since my mother died my father became abusive and he lost time for me.

I remember one time I woke up gasping for air and saw my father choking me. I squirmed under his grasp but he was too strong for me.

I kept on tapping on his arm to let me go. My eyes were tearing up from the lack of oxygen. I can feel my tap getting weaker and weaker. I still remember what he said that night.

"You need to be vigilant the only one who would look after you is you, and you can't even protect yourself. Pathetic child." He said letting go and staring in my eyes with full of disappointment.

From then on I vowed I'd be stronger and won't let anyone belittle me.