VII // Love Carnival.

I opened my eyes sleepily and sat up lazily on my bed. Yawning, I got up and ran my fingers through my bed hair and went into the bathroom for morning necessities before heading into the kitchen.

Why is apartment so awfully quiet? Aren't we suppose to leave today for that damn love carnival?!

And yes, like I said my masters degree holding friends actually persuaded, begged, ordered, whatever the hell you call it, me and Chase to go with them.

I sleepily entered kitchen and took the cup of cover that was handed to me by Chase and drank it.

"I didn't know you would just wear an oversized shirt with your underwear to sleep. I really should stay overnight."

I stopped and glanced down at my cup before turning to Chase with wide eyes and I choked.

"What are you doing here ?!!" He chuckled and smirked in response.

I looked down at myself letting out a loud shriek as I hurriedly ran to my room and changed into pajama bottoms.

"This is seriously an invasion of privacy. How did you get in ?!" I yelled and glared at tall figure leaning against the counter.

"Tell you friends that. And speaking of them everyone already left. Said they have to pick up some last-minute things from the store. And we have to meet them at Starbucks from where we will leave." He explained.

Last minute things?!

Oh.

Oh, the last-minute couple things. I hope they know we have to live in a tent not a five-star honeymoon suite.

"I could have come by my own." I deadpanned.

"I bought you this!" He grinned pulling out a large banana smoothie from the fridge.

I eyed him wearily before taking the glass from his hands.

Banana smoothie is weakness.

Chase grinned at me as I took a long sip. His eyes darkened as I sucked through the straw taking another long drag. I inhaled sharply and turned away.

He cleared his throat.

"Did you forgot to pack?" He asked.

"No, I did it last night. Forcefully." I replied.

"Then what the hell are you waiting for? Go get ready!" He ordered in a bossy tone.

"Don't order me, if you are in hurry than go by yourself." I snapped at him.

"What if I don't want to?" He smirked walking towards me.

He leaned towards me until our faces were one inch apart and I couldn't help but realize that he lips were centimeters always from mine.

I held my breath as I stared at him with wide eyes.

Was he going to kiss me?

His lips neared mine but instead of kissing me like I wanted. I mean... uh.... like I expected, his mouth enclosed the straw in my smoothie and he took the glass with his hand away from my grasp walking backwards.

That was hot!

I blinked my dirty thoughts before shoving them away.

I gaped at his satisfied expression.

"What's with your expression kitty?" He smirked.

I scowled at him before walking into my room slamming the door shut behind me. Chase's laughter echoed from outside.