XIV // Not Worth it !

A month and a half later....

Chase's POV-

I don't remember a lot of things. I drifted in and out of conscious. I only remember little bits and pieces, blurred together, making my brain hurt.

I remember Sky crying beside me. I wanted to reach out and tell her that its okay. That it was the best I could do to save her and I would be okay.

Yes, I don't regret saving her. I don't regret getting my life in danger for her. I don't regret taking bullet for her.

But I survived.

At moments I see flashes of light - light that blinded me. But after a while, it retreats and I am surrounded by darkness again. I am pulled under, suffocation and I am trying to grab for the surface, to break free, to get back to the real world.

I think days may have passes before I regained consciousness for good. I woke up disoriented, my eyes slowly fluttering open.

Everything I see was white. White ceiling, white walls, white sheets and wires connected to machines, my head was reflected on white pillow and after a while I realized I am in a hospital bed.

I tilt my head sideways and a huge pain hits me and I groan, closing my eyes.

I feel like Shit. My head is pounding. I try not to focus on pain as I move my legs and hand slightly. My stomach hurts as I realize it is where I got shot. And the area is covered in bandage.

Wires and tubes are plugged deep into my skin making everything more uncomfortable.

I look around the room but no one is was there. I wanted to see sky ... I wanted to know what happened... To know if she was okay?

So, I pulled out the tubes from my skin and the machine started beeping rapidly. But I ignored it and stood up. Placing my feet on the floor I stumbled over the door.

But before I can open it, it burst open and in came doctors and nurses.

I peeked over them to see my parents but Sky was nowhere.

I tried to fight the nurse.

"I am fine." I tell them. "Let me go."

"You need rest!" Nurse said. "Please."

I sighed letting them help me onto the bed.

"Do you remember what happened?" Doctor asks tugging the tubes and wires again inside my wrists.

I nod. "I know I ... I got shot!"

"Correct. And you went in coma after we took out the bullet. And you came out of it just three days ago but you were still unconscious. Your situation was quite stable and you are recovering normally because bullet didn't penetrate deep." Doctor explained.

Month?!

"We need to have your check up." He said.

************

After the tests and checkup was over. Doctor told me my condition is alright and I was allowed few visitors.

First my mom and dad came. My dad scolded me and my mom cried for almost losing me.

Dad also had few tears in his eyes but he said he was proud of me.

They told me about all the kidnappers being caught and put in jail. But they never once mentioned anything about Skylar.

And I didn't ask because I wanted to see her myself and it was obvious, they were hiding something from me. I hope she is coming soon.

My parents looked like Shit. It was obvious they must have gone through hell seeing their only child on almost death bed. They must have been so tried and worried looking after me.