XIII // Chase.

The metal door burst open with a bang, panicked I hid myself behind Chase. The sound of bullet being shot was heard as the same scary guy from the club rushed into the room with deadly look on his face, holding a gun in his hand.

He was drunk that much I could tell because he wasn't able to stand straight and he had a bottle of some cheap liquor in his other hand.

He wobbled towards us as Chase wrapped his arms securely around me.

"Come here!" The man slurred as he tried to get a hold of me but Chase didn't let him.

"You are not touching her." Chase roared as he pushed him away.

Though Chase was weak because of the bruises and all, but he was strong enough to put a little fight with this drunk to death guy.

The alcohol reeked monster let out a humorless laugh as he stepped forward nose to nose with Chase. He grabbed Chase's chin harshly.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He spit out angrily. "If you want to live step aside." He slurred.

Chase pushed his hand away. "You bloody son of a bitch!" He grits out punching him square on his face.

The man threw the bottle in his hands on the floor. And grabbed Chase's collar, the gun still in his other hand.

I tried pushing that man away as tears roll down my eyes.

"Leave him ..." I cried as I banged my fists on his back.

"You shouldn't have done that ..." The man kneed Chase in his stomach. He punched him hard. It happened so fast and I was so blinded by fear that I was not able to do anything just cry when the man lifted up the gun and banged the back of it on Chase's head so hard that he fell on the floor.

I cried beside Chase as I watched the blood gush out of his head.

"C-Chase ...." I chocked out as his eyes begin to close.

"He isn't dead yet. And if you ... You don't want me to shoot him ... Come with...m-me ..." the man grabbed my arm harshly as he pulled me up.

"S-Sky -- " Chase's weak voice reached my ear as the man dragged me out of the room.

Every time I close my eyes, I wish it was a nightmare but when I open my eyes the harsh and cruel reality hits me hard.

The man threw me on some old bed type of thing in some dark room. I cried as I tried to push him and get up. But he was strong and quick with his movements.

The monster hovering me heard none of my pleas as he scratched my arms and touched me everywhere.

Fear was all I could see, fear was all I could feel, fear was all that surrounded me.

I just prayed that someone, anyone comes to save me. Save me from this psycho-path.

I just prayed that Chase was alright.

Prayers was all that was left I could do.

Oh god!

As if my prayers were heard,

The door of the room burst open, the man was pulled off me and I just whimpered and looked with my groggy eyes as two cops entered the room and caught the man before he could do anything.

I have never been so relieved and grateful in my life.

The image of Chase's unconscious body flashed in my head.

On impulse I quickly stood up and ran out of the room in search of Chase, I could hear the cops calling for me from behind but I didn't stop. I kept running, that's when I saw Chase stumbling towards me with two cops helping him.

I started running towards Chase but before I could reach him the other kidnappers came rushing from nowhere and I didn't know what to do. One of them grabbed me.

I saw few officers rush in my direction and I was not in my right sense to realize what was happening

I heard the gun shots firing and the chaos started.

I kicked and wriggled trying my best to get out of his grasp and run and I was almost successful and that's when all the hell broke loose.

I saw everything happen in slow motion, a bullet was fired in my direction and I was dreading for the impact but it never came. Because next thing I know was Chase lying on the floor in front of me drowning in pool of blood around him.

I don't know who caught the kidnappers who else got shot or what happened to me. I just knew the boy I love was lying in front of me on the verge of dying. And he was in this situation because me. He risked his life for me and I couldn't do anything about it.

I wanted to punch myself, hit myself anything to get myself to realize what actually happened.

My heart was shattered in pieces. I wanted to scream but no voice came out of my mouth as fell on my knees beside him.

I wish I was dead, because I didn't have it me to see the sight before.

Why did you do it Chase? I wanted to ask him.

I was not worth it! I wanted to tell him.

I love you Chase! I wanted to say.

But no words came out of my mouth except large sobs as Tyler's concerned voice interrupted me.

"Sky --"

With one last look at the bloody body that was taken away by the ambulance, I called out for his name.

The name of the boy whom I love the most and the boy I will always owe my life to.

"CHASE !!!"

************

Drowning in my own tears.
Please tell me how you felt and vote if you liked .
Thank you.