XVI // Masquerade Ball.

I never thought I would be coming back so soon. Though my plan is to go, meet my parents, spend a few hours, look at my friends from distance and silently leave without anyone knowing that I was even present.

So, here I was in the city, already in my maroon ball gown and black mask hiding most of my face. I even dyed my now short hair, in hope that no one will recognize me.

Though I was sure Chase won't come but deep inside me somewhere I wanted him to. I wanted to see him.

It was mom's idea for me to come a little late so when I arrive, I'll be unnoticed.

I got out of the car, to be greeted by my parents with a deep breath. I have a lot of memories attached to this city, obviously because it's my home town. And I would forever attach to, no matter where I go.

"Skylar, I missed you so much!" Dad said taking me in his warm embrace.

"I missed you to dad." I replied hugging him back.

When my mom hugged me, she had tears in her eyes. "I love you so much sweetie!" She said as I wiped her tears.

"Its okay mom, I am fine." I said smiling.

After a little bit taking and catching up, we made our way inside.

"Make sure to enjoy your night fullest." Dad said as we entered the ball room through the back gate.

"And find us before you leave, okay?" Mom said and I nodded.

Hugging them one last time before they both got lost in the crowd.

I made my way towards the bar counter and sat down on the stool.

I took a glass of champagne and looked around the hall. Everyone looked elegant in their pretty gowns and tuxedos. Beautiful masks covered their faces making them less recognizable but gorgeous at the same time.

All the couples have already occupied the dance floor. Most of them enjoying each other's embrace, making loving eyes to one another.

Oh, how I wish.

My mom told me he isn't here yet because his name was not in the list of arrived people. But I know April and others are here.

Only a few minutes later, my eyes caught a sight of man walking towards me. Full of confidence. A grin plastered on his lips. He had a tear drop kind of mask, large enough to cover most of his face.

The place was dimmed but I could see his every move. Each of his step made my heart skip a beat. By the time he reached my destination, he extended his hand and I hesitantly took it.

It was like a shot of electricity that ran inside me as soon as his hand enclosed mine.

It's not him. It can't be him.

He escorted me to the dance floor. Now, that he was close, it was even harder for me to see his full face because of the intricate design of his mask. He entwined my hands to his neck and he wrapped his hands around my waist.

For some strange reason I started feeling nervous about this. My heart was beating in a fast pace.

Love me like you do by Ellie glouding was playing softly in the background as he continued to sway me to the rhythm of the music.

You're the cure,

you're the pain,

You're the only thing I wanna touch ....

He leaned forward and I could feel his breath, sending shiver down to my spine.

He twirled me around and dipped me a little as he leaned forward close to my neck, I could feel his warm breath causing me take a sharp breath. His lips slightly brushed against my neck as he pulled me up.

Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire....

His touch felt so good; it was like his touch was burning my skin with pleasure

This can't be him, no way!

I was breathing heavily, unknown of what to do. I don't even know if my hunch was right.

Love me like you do ... La..La ...Love me like you ... Touch me like you do. Ta... Ta ...Touch me like you do...

He leaned back and this time, a glint of light shine over his features, making me see his eyes.

I saw as I lost myself in the pools of green.

I saw his signature smile, which had my insides go jelly and toes curl and that was the time I slumped my hands back to my side.

His eyes never leaving mine and I couldn't look away either. I could feel my heart ready to explode.

He leaned forward his breath falling on my lips.

"I found you." He whispered.

This can't be happening. Gaining all my strength, I pushed him, stepping back I started shaking my head.

"I got to go!" I said before turning around and running away from him. It took a lot in me to not to look back as I lost myself into the crowd and ran away.

I am lost and I don't know what to do.

*************

Chase's POV -

I was being forced. And I am grateful I was.

I was forced by April to come to the masquerade ball. She used all her techniques those including tears, puppy dog eyes and blackmailing.

I am so happy I came. I arrived very late though. I was standing at corner of the ball room all by myself looking around and sipping on my champagne when my eyes landed on a blond-haired beautiful girl, in maroon dress and black mask, sitting all by herself by the bar counter.

Though I had no interest in other girls what so ever because my heart beats for only one, my sky.

But this girl sitting alone, drinking her champagne alone, looking everyone with longing eyes, I knew I had to see her.

I started walking towards her, full of curiosity and that is when her eyes landed on me.

The lightings were dim, so I wasn't quite able have a good look at her face. But when I neared her, I saw the lovely shade of very familiar blue eyes that I fell in love with, staring at me.

And as soon as our hands touched, I knew she was my kitty. My Sky.

I danced with her, feeling of content and victory engulfed me. Feeling of her against me was like drug to my body. She looked so beautiful and that's when I fell in love with her all over again. But when she recognized me, she didn't wait for a minute and ran away. Though I felt disappointed and hurt. But I let her go for that moment because I knew at that very moment, I am going to get her and make her mine again.

My sky is like a storm, but not the kind you run from, the kind you Chase ...

And I am going to do just that.

**************

Did you like it ?
Please comment and vote.
Thank you.