XII // Promise me ?

My head was throbbing when I felt my senses coming back. I still have to open my eyes but the task is quite painful. And I am scared to open my eyes to find myself in heaven or hell. But I slowly did, my body ached and my throat hurts. I found myself laying on a dirt covered concrete floor in a room with very dim light. There was a metal door on the other wall and no other Windows.

My dress was now just a piece of cloth hanging to my body all teared from the back. I could feel the cold atmosphere hit me. I tried to push myself up with my hands but failed miserably due to weakness.

When suddenly, Chase's unconscious body flashed in my head. With all my might I pushed myself and sat up.

I looked around the room to find Chase's limp figure laying a few feet away from me. He was in worst condition ever. The sight before me was gruesome and I felt my heart ache.

I crawled towards him and first thing I checked his breath. I sighed in relief when I felt him breathing normally.

"I am alive!" Chases awfully raspy voice reached my ears as I looked at him open his eyes slowly.

"Chase..." My eyes went wet as he winced and tried to lift himself up. With shaking hands, I helped him sit, his beaten figure leaned against the wall.

"Don't worry sky... I am okay... " He said lightly touching my cheek when my eyes landed on a deep cut on his forearm gushing with blood.

"Oh my god -- C--Chase look --" I croaked out. "Chase... what happened?" I asked when I saw fresh blood on his forehead.

He closed his eyes in pain and cringed while holding his stomach.

My hand tenderly grazed his cut as tears started welling in my eyes.

"Y-you weren't this beaten up the-- last night." I said my voice trailing at the end as images of his unconscious body lying in the van flashed before me.

He winced again and gulped as he turned his face away.

"You were still knocked out when they..." He started but suddenly stopped to flinch in pain.

Seeing him like this killed me inside.

I caressed his face.

"...they wanted to touch you, and I didn't let them." He finally choked out.

Pools of water came out my eyes as my eyes grazed over his bruises. I couldn't help but think it is all my fault.

His hand caught mine and I sobbed.

"Don't even think this is your fault sky..."

"But it is ... all this wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't have fought with you and if we never got together in the first place. None of this would have happened if --"

"If I had the courage from the start." He cuts off me.

As soon as my gaze met his I leaned in forward and ever so lightly placed my lips on his. I started crying as I kissed him lightly not to inflict more pain on him and he pulled back.

"I am scared." I whispered as he brushed the tears away with his fingertips.

"I am scared of losing you, I am scared of dying just yet. I am scared I don't know what will happen next. I wanted to have my degree and make my parents proud. I wanted to see where you and me are after years from now, how it feels to have someone love you like you love me. I want to get married .. have children. And I don't know what will happen next -- a-and -- I am s- scared... " I let out as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Sky ... listen to me ... whatever happens ... you going to have everything you wish for. You are not going to die. We will try, okay? The people who care about us ... About you, would be here to save us in no time." His hand soothed my hair as he comforted me.

"What do they want?" I asked pulling my head to look at him.

"They kidnapped us to -- " he breathed and cringed not being able to say what he wanted to. "They k-kidnapped us to have y-you. The guy who came here to have you said while beating me up." His eyes went glossy.

My body stiffened at the memory of that man touching me and tearing my clothes I cringed as I remembered his evil smirk and perverted eyes already eye rapping me. A tear rolled down my eyes as I shivered.

"Nobody is touching you Sky!" Chase firmly by my side as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I cried in his chest.

He is here because me and I can't do anything about it.

"Skylar, whatever happens next ... you have to promise me one thing." He said seriously.

"Chase --"

His husky voice cut me." Promise me."

I tried to hold back tears as I bit my lip." Fine."

"Whatever happens, if cops come to rescue us or not... you would be the first one to go out. Okay?"

"Chase... no ...I cant."

"And... why not?" He asked sternly.

Tears welled up again. "You are here because of me and I am not even worth that much. Okay? C-Chase you are --"

Chase turned away from me and punched the wall. I shrieked in utter shock and immediately hugged him from behind. "Chase I am not worth it." I mumbled in his back.

He pushed me a little and I just stared at him.

"Bullshit! That's the most bullshit thing you could ever say!" He roared.

I have never seen Chase so angry before and it terrifies me to see someone who cares so much about me.

"Sky, you were worth all the chase I did and you are worth all the pain to come. You are worth it. So, don't ever say that!" He said as tear rolled down his eyes.

"Chase I will never be able to forgive myself if anything happens to you .." I cried.

I opened my eyes and looked at the man who loves me so unconditionally.

Oh, how did I get so lucky?

"Sky, I love you." He whispered tugging a strand of hair behind my ear.

Why god why? Was it really difficult for us to be forever together?!

Then why do we have to go all through this?!

Why?!

Bang!

The metal door burst open pulling us apart as the sound of the gun firing echoed in the room silencing us.

**********

Tell me what do you think ?
Comment below and vote .
Thank you.