XV // Where are you ?

Six months later....

Skylar's POV-

"Yes, mom! I am fine." I said as I placed my order for a cup of cappuccino in the local coffee shop of the town.

"Did you have nightmares?" She asked.

I am talking to psychiatrist. Was all I replied. It was better."

"Don't you dare say that. I know what you are --"

"Did he come today?" I asked cutting her off.

She sighed into the speaker. "He did, sharp at 7:00 am just like every day. With a single rose and a glass of banana smoothie, a bright smile on his face. Sky... just come back please, not for us, not for anyone. Just for him. " She said and my heart fell.

I knew he would never listen to me when I asked him to move on. It breaks my heart to hear from April and my mom how much Chase is trying to find me and is hurting in the process.

No one except my parents know where I am. I know Chase would think I am somewhere still in the city because of my name still registered at NYU. But I left the city six months ago and I am now living in the small town of Aurora, a few hours away from NYC. I have registered for a distance study course at NYU. Living in a small apartment all by myself. I don't have any friends because I don't go out much.

I had to leave, it was heartbreaking for me see Chase on that hospital bed, and I blame myself for that. I had to leave because... because he didn't deserve it, he deserves much better.

I had to leave because I needed to get over that incident, I needed to get myself together. And I won't have been able to do it living there.

It was so god damn difficult.

But like I said I am better now. Or at least I know I will be better. But Chase is not helping. He has to move on but he isn't giving up.

My mom says he comes to them every day just in hope that by chance I would have come back. April tells me how he has searched everywhere, done every possible thing to find me.

It hurts me to know that...

I was cut off in my train of thoughts when both the barista and my mom yelled simultaneously, trying to get my attention.

"Uh... sorry!" I mumbled as I took the cappuccino paid of it and turned around to leave but bumped into someone.

My phone fell from my hands and I hurriedly bent down to pick it up.

"Umm... sorry!" The person whom I bumped into apologized.

"Its okay..." I replied not glancing at him, I rushed away because my mom was busy screening in the phone.

"Yes, mom! I am here!" I said silencing her.

"Thank god! So, are you coming to the masquerade ball? " She asked even though she knew my answer.

"Mom...." I sighed.

"You know, your father organizes this ball specially for you, right?"

"I know mom... I really want to come but you know I can't ..."

"He won't even be there and it's a masquerade ball ... No one will know... just come for your father's sake ... please darling?" She pleaded.

I do want to go ... there are a lot of moments when I almost grab my car keys to just end the misery ... go to my parents ... run into Chase's arms... But I had to be strong.

"Please sky for once ... I promise you no one will know..."

"Fine... I am not giving you any word but I will try. " I said as we hung up.

Maybe it's time.

**************

Chase's POV-

"You need to take a break! " Tyler said in the phone. "There is a reason why she doesn't want to be found."

"I told you I am not giving up. " I said as I parked my car in front of a small cafe.

I was out of the city for some work. But all the other work becomes secondary as soon I step out of my apartment, its like my body becomes alert and I start looking for her.

"Fine." He sighed. "At least come to the masquerade ball. April is begging for your presence."

" You know I can't and I don't want to." I said as I stepped into the cafe.

"Tell April I am sorry."

"Fine, whatever. But you know there is a high chance of her coming to the ball because it is organized by her father." He said.

As much as I want to give it a benefit of doubt. I know she won't come.

"No, man I guess not." I sighed making my way towards the counter to place my order.

"Whatever, think about it!" He said before we hung up.

And at that very moment I bumped into someone.

Her mobile phone fell and she quickly bent down to pick up.

"Umm... sorry." I quickly apologized.

"Its okay..." She mumbled getting up but before I could see her face, she turned away and rushed out resuming her talk on the phone.

I kept looking at her back. She looked so familiar. Same curves, same walk, for one second I even thought she was Sky. But the girl I bumped had short hair and I know Skylar loved her long hair. And also, her clothes were far away from what sky wears.

So, I just shook my head and walked towards barista.

Where are you Sky?

**************

Oh oh !
What do you think ?
Comment below and vote .
Thank you .