1. Just Getting Started

"Autumn, all I'm asking is that you come with me clubbing!" her friend whines.

"And I'm telling you no Cher," Autumn sighs, rubbing her temples.

Cher had just broken up with her boyfriend and rather than stay home, eat ice cream, and watch sad movies, she wanted to go to a club. All of their other friends were busy, so now Autumn was being begged to go and chaperone and be a wingwoman.  They were still underage for crying out loud! Autumn wanted to spend her summer happy and free rather than locked behind bars until her parents got back from their business trip.

"Autumn, you know that even if you don't come with me I'm going to go anyway right?" Cher threatens.

Autumn laughs. This was always Cher's last resort when she wanted Autumn to do something. It used to work, but then Autumn figured out that if she still said no Cher wouldn't follow through with her threat.

"Nice try Cher, but my answer is still no," Autumn states, finishing her coffee and getting up, ignoring her friend's protests, "Its not that I just don't want to go Cher. If it was just that I'd go. But it's not. I've made plans already and I can't cancel them. I'm sorry, I'll come over tomorrow and we can do something then."

Autumn walks out of the coffee shop and hails a taxi. She feels guilty, but she knows she did the right thing. If she had stayed longer, Cher would've eventually convinced her to go along with her.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

*Ring Ring*

Autumn groans as her phone goes off. She was exhausted from her late night job. She worked part time at an all night gas station and convenience store and she had been assigned the six o'clock shift, which lasted until midnight.

*Ring Ring*

She grabs her phone and answers it.

"Hello?" She groans.

"Autumn, youve got to get over here!" Cher's drunken voice calls over the phone. There was loud music playing in the background, which instantly wakes up Autumn.

"Cher, where are you?!" Autumn shouts, "How did you..." Autumn facepalms, she had used her fake ID.

"At the Midnight Howl," Cher slurs, "The boys are sooooo hot..."

"Cher, I'm coming to pick you up," Autumn sighs, throwing on a sweater and skinny jeans, "Don't go anywhere else, understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

Autumn groans and runs out the door to her car, not bothering to grab her own fake ID. The Midnight Howl was an all age night club and she had no intention of trying to drink. She was just going to pick up Cher.

She arrives sooner than she expected and jumps out of her car. She skips the line by running in through the fire exit.

"Cher!" She calls, pushing through the crowd, "Cher!"

"Autumn!" A familiar voice cries, Cher pushes through the crowd toward her, a tall someone in tow.

"Cher," Autumn sighs in relief, running over to her, "What were you thinking?!"

Cher waves her hand drunkenly, "Before you lecture me, let me introduce you to my new friend," she throws back to her hand, nearly hitting the tall boy, "This is Zing."